"I do not want her dead," Odin admitted.

     "Not today anyway?"

     "I know she will fail," he said as he stared at Dolcia. Their eyes locked as they searched each other for the truth only they knew. "She may truly be the Goddess of Darkness and The Daughter of Death and her truth may be Asgard's only hope, but she will not fulfill the prophecy if she does not stay and she will not stay if she does not trust."

     "If you wanted her to trust you, do you not think the truth would have been a better approach?"

     "Not until she fully understands the full potential of her powers, which she will never do if the one person who could help her continues to lurk in the shadows instead of standing beside her."

     Dolcia glanced over at Athelia again, her heart pounding as she watched the binds around Athelia's wrists begin to draw blood.  Athelia stood still, one foot in front of the other as if she was pushing back against the energy that swirled around them, despite the venom-like tar ripping through the veins in her arms.

     "I was never supposed to be here," Dolcia whispered, her hand coming to her mouth.

     "Well you are here now," Odin said. "I think it is time you show her who you really are... Bronen."

      Dolcia stared up at the king, his hard gaze never faltering. There was no way to dismiss his claim, but this was not the time or place to distract Athelia.

     "How did you-"

     "I am not the only one with secrets and though I do not appreciate your criticism when you have been in my kingdom for nearly a year under false disguise," Odin spoke softly, "I must admit I admire your bravery. I know you care about her well-being, but before you speak to me about revealing my truth, I feel as though she should know yours first."

     Their gaze fell back on Athelia as she stepped backward, her hair whipping about her as the darkness took over her strand by strand. Her eyes were clenched tight, but as she opened them slowly, Freya gasped never before seeing the demonic structure of the Goddess' black orbs.

     "Athelia stop," Freya panted as she tried to pull her wrists her back.

      She glanced around in a panic, pleading with anyone she made eye contact with. She didn't know it then, but the content look on Odin's face as he walked away only made her wonder if they had let this happen because they thought Athelia would kill her.

     Freya's chest stung with searing shocks as she watched the darkness take over Athelia's hands. The heat from Athelia's molten fingers burned through her body and she clenched her eyes, unable to free herself. Tears fell from pulsing eyes and as a small whimper escaped her lips, the pain was gone.

      Freya pulled her arms into her chest and a small thud shook the ground gently around her. Her eyes shot open and she stepped backward, staring down at her in horror.

     Athelia's eyes had lightened, allowing a dark blue to connect with Freya's. She opened her mouth to speak, but a yelp replaced the apologies as a smoldering burn sifted through her murky veins. She watched her chains glow as the blood pulled in the palms of her hand and she watched in horror as the metal bands fell to the floor.

     "No. No. No. No." She choked back sobs as she tried to wrap the thin metal around her wrists. Her body numbed with every second that passed and she could feel the vibration of the darkness pulsing through every cell of her body as if she was a bomb with only seconds before she exploded.

     "What's happening?" Freya whimpered.

     "Go," Athelia seethed, hunching over in pain. She pulled at the back of her head, gripping handfuls of black strands as her mind swirled. "Dolcia get her out of here."

     "Athelia, you have to calm down."

     She shook her head violently, trying to hold it at bay. It was stronger, stronger than the last time and she had almost forgotten what it felt like to be free of her binds. A part of her craved the power exploding her body, but the other part, the part clung to her humanity needed the darkness contained.

      "They won't go back on." She cried as she gripped the searing metal in her blackened hands. The darkness had consumed the pain and she no longer felt the effects of the glowing bands. "Why won't they go back on?"

      "Drop the shield."

      Frigga didn't hesitate to do as she was told and the moment the force field had dissipated, Freya ran to them. She stood next to Frigga and watched as who she thought was Dolcia, dropped down next to Athelia and grab her hands.

      "You have to control it Athelia," Bronen whispered as he dropped her hands, the heat too much for him to handle in Dolcia's form. Without thinking, he reached down for the cuffs and he dropped them instantly as the delicate fingers he hid behind began to fade, revealing the pale boniness of his masculine hands.

     He couldn't even attempt to help her without revealing himself, but he knew if he did that she would lose all control.