He looked around at the people once they started clapping and found himself clapping as well noticing the song was over. He kept his eyes on Sally hoping she’d look at him, so she knew he didn't go back on his word.

“Thank you,” Sally said quietly into the microphone. “This set I will be playing for you tonight you will find to be by the well-known Beatles with whom I find to be my most major musical influences,” she said introducing herself to the audience.

She heard a couple of claps of approval from the crowd and looked up with a smile. She immediately froze when she saw him. He was tucked away in the back corner with a coffee in front of him. He nodded slightly and she nodded back attempting to fight back the tears that stung her eyes. She immediately felt all the anxiety leave her body.

“This next one is a personal favorite of mine,” she said and started to play “Blackbird.”

Norman was mesmerized by Sally’s voice. He had never heard her perform before and he was amazed by the talent that she possessed. He swallowed hard when she would look up at him and smile as she sang the words of the song effortlessly. He knew she was in her element as she performed to the audience. She gave off such a presence that no one talked or barely moved during her performance. It was fascinating for him to watch.

Sally stood up and nodded towards the crowd following her last song. She thanked everyone and waved slightly as the clapping subsided and people went back to their coffee drinking.

She watched Norman’s face as she walked closer and closer to him. He had a slight smile on his lips and Sally felt her breath hitch in her throat.

“Hey,” she said quietly crossing her arms.

“Hey,” he matched her voice level.

“What happened to you today?” she asked shaking her head.

She was annoyed by the emotional rollercoaster he put her through right before her first performance.

“I can explain,” Norman said gesturing for her to sit down.

Sally sat down and pulled out a lollipop. She focused her attention on Norman.

“I was at a call back for a commercial. I swear. I had no idea it was going to take as long as it did,” he said explaining his whereabouts.

“I just wish you would have told me,” Sally said still upset.

“I know. There was no time,” he said agreeing with Sally about the events that took place.

“I got it,” Norman said looking down at his coffee.

Sally froze and looked at Norman not sure if she heard him correctly.

“The commercial,” he said smiling and looking up at Sally now.

“Norman, that’s great!” Sally said happily forgetting all about being upset with him.

“That’s why it took me so long,” he explained further.

“I feel bad for being upset now. That is so great that you got a commercial. I’m excited for you,” Sally said shaking her head out of astonishment that he would even continue to apologize for what happened.

“No, this was important to you and I dropped the ball,” Norman said grabbing Sally’s hands.

She looked down at his hands covering hers. She loved his touch and simple nature.

“No way. This is your career. You need to do stuff like that. This. This is just a hobby for me,” she said and gestured at the coffee shop.

“You are really good, Sally, like amazingly good. You captured that crowd. No one moved when you were singing. This could be your career too,” Norman gushed to her.