Chapter 23 - There's a first time for everything Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

But the day can't last forever, and she also has a man at home to take care of. After Isabel paid the bill, with a big step-in from Erwin and Levi, she asked if we can bring her to the train station. Useless to say that it's a true delight for us. During the ride, Isabel told you lots of stories she experienced together with Levi, much to his dislike, since lots of them ended with some kind of humiliation for him. At some point, you counted how often he clicked his tongue and how often he grunted from annoyance. By the time you arrived at the train station, you counted 30 tongue-clicking noises and 17 grunts. A good result! You never imagined that one of Levi's ex-girlfriends could be such a nice woman. And you even get along SO well, that you exchanged phone numbers to stay in contact. Isabel is nice, kind, hyper and crazy, and even a bit childish, but this only proves that she has the same quirk as you. Perfect match! We accompanied Isabel until we reached her platform. Once there, Erwin and Levi said their hearty goodbyes and Erwin thanked her once again for her help during the hearing. Levi earned himself a big smooch on his cheek, which caused his cheeks to take a slight pink shade. He looks so damn adorable when he blushes! The look on his half-shocked half-flattered face is really some kind of sweet. He's surely a little concerned about what you might think about this awkward situation since she's his ex. But it was okay. Isabel is a totally different type from Petra and she made clear that she has no love interest in Levi anymore. A loving fiance is waiting for her at home, his name's Farlan if you remember correctly, and she surely won't give up on him, not even for all money in the world. When the friendly hugging session ended, Erwin and Levi made their way back to the car, Levi already reaching out for your hand, but Isabel stopped him before he could do so.

"Do you mind if I borrow your precious lady for a few more minutes, Levi? Oh, I doubt you do." She grinned. "I'll send he after you in a few minutes."

"Tsk. Don't keep me waiting too long, brat." That one was for you, that's for sure.

"Don't panic, shorty. I won't harm her". Isabel retorted and wraps one arm around your nape to drag you a little with her before the guys were out of sight. They walked up to the large stairs into the main hall of the train station, but then, they stopped. Levi leaning against the corner and Erwin standing in the middle of the corridor with folded arms. These two guys...Are they afraid that Isabel might do something bad with you? Hm...the more you think about this, it's not impossible. The past incidents are very difficult to ignore. Once she released you from her grip, Isabel turns in your direction, putting both hands on your shoulders.

"You know what, Nina? I like you. I really do, and think you're just perfect for Levi, in every possible way. Before I go back home, I want you to know that" Her expression was dead serious, but her voice bears a softness you weren't expecting.

"Uhm...Well...I...thank you, Isabel. Sorry for my stuttering, but I wasn't expecting this." You apologized and she giggles in response.

"Don't be sorry. It's cute! One more proof that you're the right one to bring some sunshine into Levis dreary life."

"I guess I already did that, and my task isn't over yet", you chuckled, throwing a glance over your shoulder to the two men waiting.

"I bet! This definitely will be a lifetime task! You better suit yourself!" Isabel gives you a strong punch against your shoulder while laughing like a cheerful school girl but damn...that punch was definitely not from a little girl. While grimacing and rubbing your shoulder from the pain, she tugs you again by your nape into a tight hug.

"Take good care of Levi while I'm not around. And if he should behave like a spoiled prince, let me know! I'll come right by your side to help you kick his ass!" She raises her arm into the air to show off with her biceps as you both burst out into laughter.