Part 3- I missed you

Abi returned to the room once the laughter died down and laid back in the middle. The floor hurt her head so she yanked a pillow that was jammed under Victoria’s elbow. “You good?” Victoria questioned. “Fine. Just tired” Abi made an excuse up. “Lame. I’m going to take an aspirin, my head is killing me”. “You know where it is?” Abi hissed. “Dude, how many times have I been here?” Abi shot her a glare and sauntered into the kitchen.

          Abi shoved her face in to the pillow and felt Luke’s body stir against her. “I missed you Abb” Abi squeezed her eyes shut and turned so that she was facing Luke before she opened them. His eyes were such a bright blue that she had to fight to keep hers open. “I missed you too Luke” “A lot” he spoke. “A lot” she mimicked and felt her heart beat against the insides of her chest. “Good” he smiled and she smirked, “Selfish much?” “Hey, just making sure you feel empty when I’m gone” Abi bit her lip but didn’t admit how real that was. She had felt empty at his absence. “Loser” she said instead of telling him her feelings. He chuckled and laid his head back as she did. “Good night Abb” “Goodnight Luke” Her eyes shut within seconds and her vision turned went static.

          The next morning the sun radiated through the blinds and burned her eyes. It left spots of light on her legs, as if she was fading away. The sky was blue as if it had been painted that way and birds chirped. It was out a movie. Victoria lay sleeping next to her, somehow looking perfect. Luke lay on her other side with his body pressed against hers, chest rising and falling gently and in rhythm. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. With each breath he let out a soft noise and it made her lips curl upwards. Up. Curl. Down. Curl. Up. Curl. Down. Curl. Abi sat up and stretched. Her stomach screamed and she went into the pantry to find food.

          There were still the packages of pop tarts and Abbi grabbed one pack and a single one from a Ziploc bag. As she sat down to eat she heard Luke’s morning voice, a voice she had come to memorize, from the foyer. “Abb?” He mumbled. “In the kitchen” he stumbled in and slammed against the wall. “Way too early” “Poor baby Lukie” she teased and bit into her pop tart. He scowled and dragged his feet against the tile as he wandered in to her pantry as well. Luke came out with cookie crunch. “I love your house” he spoke and dumbed a huge amount of it in a bowl before filling it as high as possible with milk and sitting down beside her. “How did you sleep?” He asked. “Somebody is feeling polite” Abbi smirked. “Don’t get used to it” he teased and dragged his teeth against the metal spoon, making a high pitched scratching noise. Abbi cringed.

          A few seconds later Abbi recognized Victoria’s yawn from the floor. “Were in the kitchen Vic” she said in a tone slightly louder than regular. Victoria slid in on her socks and itched the back of her head. Her pink pajama pants were snug against her curvy lower body and Abbi found herself wishing she could look like that. “I’m hungry” Victoria stated and went into the pantry. She came out with two pieces of bread, Abbi already knew she would coat them with peanut butter and jelly. “What are we going to do today guys?” Victoria asked. “I don’t know” Luke spit out between bites of fake cookies. “Well, Abbi?” Victoria turned from facing the toaster. “Don’t ask me. I suck at coming up with ideas” “true” Victoria agreed and popped her toast back up. “Well, we could take pics and make videos” Luke nodded lightly, as if he wasn’t quite sold but knew the girls loved it.

          “I actually need to make a video anyways. I uploaded a cover to Girls by 1975 with Hannah and I’m in charge of everything”. “Abb, I showed my friends all your videos when we had computer time at camp!” Luke announced chirpily. “Thanks budd. I have a good amount of subscribers and its making me excited. My watt pad is taking off too” “Stay social, honey” Victoria lectured. “She is plenty social” Luke defended and stared down at an empty cereal bowl. “Okay. So, can we do it, please Luke? We can play video games or football after?” Luke smiled, “Deal”.

          After a few minutes the girls came down. Victoria was in a neon pink crop top and low rise shorty shorts. Her hair was in a bun. Abbi was in a pair of patterned palazzo pants and white crop top with a sun on it. Her hair was curled. Luke wore a black t-shirt and kakis. He made Abbi mentally slap herself for the thoughts she possessed. Luke did the same about Abbi, unfortunately she didn’t know about that as she did her own. They both swallowed hard. “Ready?” Abbi piped and Luke grabbed the camera from her counter. “Ready” The three of them spent a good long time outside perfecting the video. Once it was perfect the three of them took cute pictures and finally went inside. “My turn” Luke mocked and the girls ran upstairs to change into t-shirts and shorts, Abbi’s usual outfit of choice.

Who do you like the best, or is it too soon? Please comment and keep reading. Love you guys! xoxoxo Cayla