Chapter 6 - First Day of Club

The next day

"Ne~ Kuro-chan~" Shiro whines as he gets out his door and meets Kuroko. He rubs his eye to try to keep himself awake but his eyes keep wanting to drop back shut. "Why do we need to go to school so early..? I want more sleep. *yawns*"

"I still need to announce my goal to be accepted into the basketball club." Kuroko replies.

"Hm? But there isn't a lot of people at school this early." Shiro gives a confused look. If Kuroko needs to announce his goal doesn't he need an audience?

"I don't think anyone would notice me even if I tried to announce my goals."

"I would notice Kuro-chan!" Shiro immediately cuts in.

Kuroko looks at Shiro sincere face when saying that. Shiro eyes are only seeing him right now, no one else, Shiro is focused on him. If Kuroko wasn't so good at keeping a stoic face, there would be a noticeable blush after listening to Shiro's words. Kuroko heart felt warm and it starting racing a bit quicker.

"But we need everyone else to know or else my announcement won't work." Kuroko gave a helpless look. He can't be blamed for his lack of presence.

"Ohhh. Then what is Kuro-chan going to do? Do you need my help?" Shiro asks. Shiro is currently thinking of plans to get people to know Kuroko's goal of the year. Should he go around telling people for Kuroko? He immediately shake a bit at the thought of talking to a bunch of strangers. But then he needs to help Kuroko.

Kuroko notices Shiro in deep thought and already knows that Shiro is in his own dilemma on how to help him. Kuroko gave out a light smile and pats Shiro's head.

"We don't need to do anything that complicated. I was planning to just write out 'We will be the best in Japan' on the ground outside the classrooms with chalk. Then everyone can see." Kuroko explains.

"Kuro-chan is so smart! I'll help too."

After school~

In the locker rooms for the basketball club, everyone was getting changed for their training. Koganei finished changing early and notices a magazine on the bench labeled Monthly Basketball Magazine.

"Eh? Didn't this issue come out when Kuroko and Shiro was at Teiko?" Koganei asks as he grabs the magazine and flips through it.

"All the players are featured." Hyuuga comments as he looks through the pages along with Koganei. "Kuroko......doesn't have an article." He said a bit surprised.

"Even though you're the sixth man, the reporters didn't come to interview you?"

"They did, but they forgot about me." Kuroko answers.

'So sad.' This phrase resounded in every club members' mind.

"Besides, I'm nothing like the other six. They're true prodigies." Kuroko continues to explain.

"That's not true..." Shiro whispers in a small voice of objection. Kuroko gives a light smile and pats his head again.

"Then what about Shiro? Let's see if he has an article." Koganei said as he flips through the pages again until he landed on a page with Shiro. Strange thing is, there is a full length article explaining about his abilities and everything but there isn't a picture.

"Why isn't there a picture of you in here Shiro?" Hyuuga asks.

"B-Because they won't let me..." Shiro said with a visible blush coming up to his cheeks. He can still clearly remember their responses when he asked why.

----------

Flashback

"Ne, why isn't my picture there?"

"Shiro is important to me."

"Hm? Because Shirocchi is so cute. I wouldn't want other people to see Shirocchi's cuteness. Let me hug you right now Shirocchi!"

"It's unlucky for a Virgo to have his picture taken today nanodayo."

"The only one allowed to have your picture is me."

"Shiro-chin is mine...*nom nom*"

"Don't question me Shiro. I don't need my possession to be shown to everyone or else."

----------

"Oi! Shiro!" The club members wave their hands in front of Shiro's face to get his attention. Shiro snaps out of his memory as he still blushes at their words. They are too protective of him.

"Nani?" Shiro asks just when the door is slammed opened.

"The coach is back! We're going to play a practice game."

"I wonder who are we playing with."

"Who knows? But she was skipping for some reason though."

"She was skipping?! Be ready, everyone. If she is skipping, then our next opponent is going to be real tough."

Meanwhile outside Seirin~

"Ohhh so this place is Seirin. New and pristine, just like I expected. I wonder how Shiro is doing here. Oh yeah and Kuroko too." A certain yellow head comments.