Girl Meets Demolition

"You got any money?"
"I never have any money," I responded to Riley who was sat on her Bay window with me and Maya.
"How do we make money immediately?"
"What we need is a Bat Mitzvah!"
"Are there any special requirements?" "Yeah, and I'm thinking it's gonna need to be you," Maya said to Riley.

"Get out! You guys have been sitting in that window all day. You know what's great about a window? There's a world outside. Go there," Mr Matthews was trying to convince us to go out but that was not going to happen until we figured out how to get money.

"It looks fakey," either Riley or Maya replied. I was paying zero attention because I was thinking about my monthly check that should be coming from my dad in a few days.
"Get out of my house," he said and I tried getting out fast, but Maya grabbed my jeans belt buckle and pulled me back inside.

"Why don't I get a Bat Mitzvah?" Riley was so dumb sometimes.
"What's your Hebrew name?"
"Riley Matthews."
"There you go," Mr Matthews responded.
"What do you want a Bat Mitzvah for?" Topanga was staring at us three antisocial teens in the window seat.

"There comes a time in a young woman's life when she just wants to sit in a room and open envelopes," Riley said to her parents, who were funnily enough still standing in the doorframe.

"Riley, do you even know what this holy rite of passage is about?"
"Yes. This holy rite of passage is about 12 hours before you open the envelopes," Riley then answered.
"What do you need money for?"
"Buy stuff."
"Specifically."
"Buy stuff for me-e-e," she said causing me to laugh at my weird best friend.
"Money needs to be worked for. It's pretty hard to come up with a scheme when all you've got is the clothes on your back, isn't it?" I saw a smirk on Maya's face, meaning she had an idea.

We took two steps into Demolition.
"We'd like to sell all of our clothes, please!"
"Well, you have certainly come to the right place," the woman at the till responded.

"Okay, whatever she says, we're gonna triple it. We go triple, she hits us back with double, we take it and run, all right? I'm in charge here, just like I let you be in charge at the candy store, right? And you are in charge of all of the coffee shops?"
"Right. Triple the gummies, double the jellies and pay whatever they say, because it's candy," Riley responded to Maya.

"Only I talk," Maya said.
"I'm sure that's best," Riley responded.

"Your turn," the woman at the till said to us.
"Triple, double, run," Maya reminded Riley.
"Erm guys, can I wait outside whilst you do this whole shebang?" Maya and Riley looked at me and just nodded. I grabbed my bag of clothes and left the store and sat on the bench just outside.

I didn't want to sell my clothes just for some extra dollars, so I decided to wait off a few days until my 600 dollars came from my dad. He does two checks. One for me, and one for child support that goes straight to Katy. I sat on the bench and just went on my phone.

"Aiden?" I looked up to see Josh in front of me with two girls. One ginger and one ebony.
"Oh, hey Joshie." He smirked and gave me a hug.
"This is Mia and Avery. They are showing me around a little before I head to Cory's for a couple of hours. Then I am heading back to Philadelphia."

"Oh you are only here for a day?" I was a little upset by this, because I wished he could stick around for a little longer.
"Yeah, I am." We started at each other for a couple of seconds and then I just gave him a hug. I collapsed into his arms and felt myself completely relax in his touch.

"Bye Joshie," I said to him.
"Bye Raven..."
I felt myself completely die inside when he used that nickname. He hasn't called me that for two years, when a raven landed on my head, and Josh managed to remove it. I stopped daydreaming when Maya and Riley walked out of Demolition, with Riley wearing the most disgusting coloured dress.
"We need my dad," Riley said, so we headed straight for her place.

"Are you out of your minds?" Riley and Maya had just told Cory about them selling all of their clothes and getting no money back, but just the dress.

"Okay I'm leaving." I really quickly ran to the door and just left. I did not want to be there when that is happening.
I was walking down the hall and I saw Josh walking up.
"Oh hey Raven," he smiled at me and continued talking,"Do you fancy going on a walk around Central park with me?" I nodded, knowing this was the only chance I was going to get to talk to Josh before he leaves again.

We walked down the stairs and headed towards the Central Park.
"Josh, can I ask you something?" Josh turned and looked at me, giving me permission to talk.
"At Christmas, did you mean what you said, about me?" I thought back to when Josh called me gorgeous and I couldn't help but swoon over him.
"I don't ever say anything I don't mean," he reassured me. We continued to walk and I felt something weird on my hand, and I looked down to see that Josh had grabbed my hand and we were now walking hand in hand.
The entire time, we had a fantastic time. He bought me ice cream and we talked about Maya, Riley, Auggie, and a bunch of other things too.

We arrived back at Riley's apartment and everybody was sat on the couch talking, and I noticed Riley had her clothes back.

"Oh Riley, how'd you get your clothes back?" Riley looked at her mum and then at her dad and smiled.
"With a little help from my family."

This story was shorter, and it was different but I felt like I needed to add some Jorden moments to level the playing field. Josh is back in Philadelphia now but not for long.