12

Omera

"Ryan, this looks hideous," I admit looking at the poofy old pink gown. It looks like I'm wearing an old dress I found in my basement.

"I know, I just wanted to laugh at you." He says with a chuckle, I roll my eyes and go back in the dressing room to try on the white dress I had picked out.

Shopping with Ryan brought me a bunch of joy, he always knew how to make me happy. However, we've been here for almost two hours and I still don't have a dress for the engagement this weekend.

I broken out of my thoughts when I hear a bunch of voices outside the dressing room and a laugh. I set down the white dress and peak out of the dressing room, three people were talking to Ryan. I recognize his brother and Tia, the third person looks a lot like Phil from the back but why would he be here?

Ryan catches sight of me, "Omera, come out and show them the dress."

That's when all three people turn around and my jaw hangs when I see Phil and Tia holding hands. I have no time to respond before Ryan swings open the dressing room door. Everyone bursts out in laughter as well as Phil. Am I in some sort of nightmare?

"Phil?" I say in disbelief, he smiles at me and offers me no explanation as to why he's here.

"You know Tia's boyfriend?" Ryan asks, I look at them both with furrowed eyebrows, but Phil just shrugs. I slam the dressing room door closed quickly in frustration as Tia continues laughing at my dress.

"I think you look sexy in it." Ryan's brother says as he looks me up and down in the black dress I tried on. Ryan went to a meeting, Phil and Tia were all over each other, so the only person who was helping me with picking a dress for my engagement was Ryan's brother, whose name I do not remember.

I roll my eyes, "You really think you should be saying this to your brother's fiancé?"

"I can't compliment you?" He says defensively, I roll my eyes.

"No, you can't." I say in an angry tone, Phil and Tia both look over at me. Tia gives me a smirk before planting a kiss on Phil's lips. I slam the dressing room door again and grab my phone to call Maci for some sort of support.

(2) new messages from Dan

I unlock my phone curiously as I look down at the text, why would he be texting me?

Dan: Hey Omera

Dan: Do you think you could help me with something?

He's asking me for help? I'm not going to say yes, he should've knew that. I hear Tia's loud giggle and realize that I need someone to tell about this whole situation. I also need a plan to break them both up, maybe he can help me?

Omera: Fine but you have to help me with something too

Dan: Deal

I get dressed in my clothes quickly, hanging up the dress I just tried so I could return it to the rack. I grab my purse and open the dressing room door, Ryan's brother is still there and I put the dress in his hands.

"I've got to run, shopping is no fun without my husband." I say to him, Tia rolls her eyes at my statement and turns away from Phil.

"He's not your husband." She corrects me.

"He will be." I respond with a smirk as I turn to leave. Before I leave I look over at Phil, he doesn't seem interested in Tia, he just stares down at his phone, should I really break them up?

"Why are you staring at him?" Tia asks me nonchalantly but she has a smirk on her face. I feel like we're back in boarding school except now she has something over me.

I ignore her comment and just shake my head in disappointment at Phil, "Bye Phil."

"Bye Omera." He says with a quick glance up at me, it seems he didn't catch my look or is choosing to ignore it. I just turn away and leave, they are the weirdest couple I have ever seen.

I knock on the door of Dan's house, the neighborhood is beautiful. I look next door and see a teenager playing with his dog, he notices me staring and waves. I smile slightly, the gesture cheers me up more than the kid knew, I wave back.

The door to Dan's house opens and I turn and see Dan, for some reason I'm not nervous at all for once.

"Hey, nice shirt." I compliment him as I see the light gray shirt, I never thought I would ever see him in a shirt that isn't black or white.

"Oh, it's just a plain shirt." He says looking down at it, I giggle at his reaction and I hear a large thud coming from next door. Dan and I both look over and see the boy from earlier rubbing his head as his dog runs up to him to check if he's okay.

"You okay?" I say loudly to him, he smiles nervously as he looks over at me, clearly embarrassed.

"Yeah, I guess the grass is still wet." He shakes his head, I smile as I follow Dan inside.

"You seemed to have caught his attention." Dan says with a chuckle, I look at him with a confused look. "Well, he saw you laugh and didn't see the ball near his feet."

I roll my eyes, "If I was that likable than life would have been easier for me."

"I would say you got it pretty easy. You didn't go to college, got a high paying job, your own apartment, and you got engaged to the CEO of your company." Dan says with a shrug.

"My family still hates me," I respond.

"You can't have everything." He says with another shrug, he leads me upstairs into a room. Once he opens the room I furrow my eyebrows.

"Paint? This is what you needed help with?" I ask as I see the empty room, the floor is covered with a tarp and cans of paint lay around.

"Yeah, I was getting tired of the white, I'm liking gray more now." He says, gesturing to his shirt with a smile.

"Why did ask me for help? Couldn't you have asked anyone else?" I question as I look down at my clothes, I don't want to get paint on them.

"I don't know, I just wanted to." He says with a shrug as he hands me a change of clothes.

"Okay but don't consider us friends." I warn, snatching the clothes from him.

"Promise." He responds with a small smile, I turn away so he wouldn't see my smile.

___________

Now I gotta learn paint terms, brb.