chapter five

(that's supposed to be a gif hopefully it's working for u guys!!)

(i'm sorry this is short and boring, i originally had this chapter and chapter six, coming tomorrow :), together but i didn't like the transitions between them in one chapter so i just split it up! thank u)

crack.

images and sounds of wind, thunder and lightning filled her brain. she plugged her ears but could not stop the cracks and booms entering her mind. even though her eyes were closed, flashes of light still brightened her vision.

no matter how many times she tried to think of the wheelers basement bathroom, she just couldn't go back. she sat there huddled, waiting for this to be over. she didn't open her eyes, she didn't want to see it. her body began shaking in fear, why did it have to be her? she let out a sob, the sound muffled by her knees in which her head was dug into. she was waiting to hear the sound of it, she knew what it was, but this time it wasn't coming, she heard footsteps?

"max!" she heard a frantic whisper echoing through the landscape. will, she thought, "max," she heard it again, only this time, all the noises stopped. the flashes stopped. she felt hands shaking her, "max" she heard will whisper. looking up from her knees she realized she was back in the wheelers basement washroom, "will?" she asked. the hazel-eyed boy sighed in relief when he realized his friend was back, "will," she said again, her voice choked from the sobs that were about to leave her mouth.

she wrapped her arms around the smaller boy who quickly hugged her back. he knew how it felt. "i was back," she simply cried clutching on to him for what felt like dear life. she heard footsteps running toward the bathroom, "holy shit max are you okay?" lucas asked coming up beside her. she looked up to see the rest of the them staring at her in shock. her and will pulled away and looked at eachother, 'you promised,' she mouthed to him. will gave her a pleading look but agreed.

"max what's up," lucas said wrapping his arm around the red haired girl, but he received no answer. max just simply looked down and cried into her lap. the darker skinned boy got up and stood in front of her. he extended his hand in front of his friend so that she could take it. slowly looking up at him, max sniffled taking his hand, letting him pull her up.

as max began walking she felt a new presence up against her. mike had run to her other side to help lucas walk her to the couch. wheeler was concerned for her again, why? as max began to walk she noticed that she felt extremely dizzy after this episode in particular. she had never felt like this before, maybe it was all too much for just one day.

as she walked, she stumbled a bit and almost fell on mike. he had caught her arm before their bodies came in contact, but that didn't stop their eyes to not do the same thing. as he slightly caught her they looked at each other, he was giving her the same look as before. max's eyes widened, nope.

she quickly shook off the trance she felt herself fall into and continued her way to the couch the boys set her on. the group sat around her waiting for her to say something. she noticed mike looked very concerned next to her, and she wasn't the only one who noticed. el was staring at her from behind dustin. ugh, i don't need this right now, she complained in her head.