chapter one

familiar sounds filled her head, bringing her back to that night

that night.

everything about what happened that night was vaguely explained to her, but she still didn't understand. she didn't understand where she was when she was running through the tunnels, she didn't understand what those 'demo-dog' things they were running from were, she didn't understand what gate that el- or jane- was closing, and she didn't understand how the hell no one else in the world knew about what happened that night. but one thing she did know for sure is that she didn't feel the same, and not just mentally because of what happened it was just this, feeling.

the familiar sounds that filled her ears began get louder, and the feeling began to get stronger. she didn't want to open her eyes, she didn't want to be brought to the the familiar place she's seen in her dreams, but never actually had been. she was scared that she would see it again. she'll never forget the first time she saw the looming figure, the long dark shadowy legs contrasting against the blood red sky that occasionally lit up from the lightning.

from the storm.

she knew it was coming. the temperature was dropping cooler and cooler, and the sounds and storm was getting worse. she didn't want to open her eyes. she kept them closed, as she stood frozen in place as she felt the feeling in the pit in her stomach grow stronger then it had ever been. she felt a ice cold touch, stronger then it had ever been. she opened her eyes.

she was back.

she wanted to scream and cry but she was to frozen in fear when she saw a long tentacle reach out from the dark shadow. it was getting closer, and closer, and closer and-

//

air refilled a amber haired girl as she sat up in her bed breathing heavily. she sat in shock trying to catch her breath, the images in her dreams repeating over and over again. her heart was racing just thinking about how that was the most realistic dream she had experienced yet. as she began to come to her senses, her ears started to pick up sounds from around her small house. the sound of male shouting, and rock music blasting filled her ears.

she groaned laying back down on her back. she grabbed both side of her pillow, placing them against her ear in attempt to block out the sound. her mind was racing with so many thoughts, she thought her head might actually explode. her home life was bad enough, now this had to happen.

max mayfield had been having dreams that she couldn't explain ever since that night. but she had never told anyone, and she most definitely wasn't planning on it. she didn't want to seem to an attention whore, there was no way mike, who quite frankly already hated her guts, was going to believe her.

rolling her eyes thinking about the raven haired boy, she turned to the side facing her night stand. fearing to go back to sleep. she decided to check the time, and thank God she did. picking up the watch from her night stand, she held it in front of her to see that she had to leave for school in less than ten minutes.