chapter three

max always loved skateboarding

she felt free with fiery hair blowing in the wind, the fresh air blowing in her face as she watched the trees pass her as she zoomed by.

zoomer.

mike finally agreed to have max in the party but she didn't think he necessarily liked it, but she knew the rest of them enjoyed her company. smiling at the boys traveling beside her she saw how they laughed and shouted God-knows what at each other. they were all so care free at that moment.

though there were problems, she truly loved her friends. max skated from one end of the road to another while the boys would race around her. she was pretty quick for being on a skateboard compared to the boys who were on bikes. they always raced each-other and it was one of max's favourite things.

seeing them all happy and accepting for once she felt free. it was pretty much the only time mike would like her. he would look at her and smile, she would smile back, it would be mutual, it was good enough.

they continued to race down the streets, laughing and joking with each-other, the boys being amazed with the occasional tricks max pulled causing lucas to try and impress her back, but would then fail miserably.

at that moment there were no family problems, there were no school problems, there were no friend problems and there were no interdiminsional creatures coming after them. they were just kids being kids, that's all max ever wanted.

they eventually dropped lucas and dustin and lucas off at their houses so they could grab their stuff but max, mike and will continued to the raven haired boys house. still goofing around the three of them eventually came out of the hydro fields onto mikes street. she looked around at these perfect basic family homes, they had it so easy, they didn't even know.

the trio pulled into mikes garage, putting their bikes and in max's case, skateboards, away. they all loaded into his basement throwing their bags onto the ground and plopping onto the couches, happy to be done with school for weekend. mike made his way to the mini fridge in the corner, "do you guys want anything?" he asked grabbing a water bottle. max and will replied with faint, "it's ok," and "i'm good," mike shrugged and continued back to the couch.

the group began talking, well more complaining about school, but max kept dazing out of the conversation. she kept getting a weird feeling, almost dizzy, but she just tried to ignore it, she didn't feel like dealing with anything, she just wanted a normal night.

mike eventually made his way to the washroom causing will to quickly turn his attention to max. "max are you ok, you seem... out, of it"
he asked concerned. "i'm good," she replied quickly.

she didn't want anyone to know what was going on with her, especially not will- he had gone through enough. will looked around the room, "if you can't tell, mikes keeping something from you, we all are," he whispered secretly. max rolled her eyes, typical. max then grew concerned, it had to be top secret for her not to know, "of course he is, but what is it?"