Chapter Twenty

I ran as Jamie ran right behind me. Then I heard some shooting and I let out a scream of surprise. Since when did Jamie know how to shot a gun. This came odd to me but I didn't stop running until I couldn't run anymore because there was a river. I stopped in front of it and looked back at Jamie who had stopped with me as well. He was looking towards the woods. I had no idea who it was until I heard his voice. That voice I used to love so much. But now it scared me to the core. 

"You can't get through." I saw, once I noticed that Luca made not move to get closer. There was something stopping him from getting closer to both Jamie and I. 

"Damn it Darren, come here love." Luca looked panicky now, giving me a scared look. He also looked confident in thinking that I would actually go to him. Hell no, not now that I'm away from his craziness. 

"Look who's the helpless one now." Jamie pointed out while smirking at Luca. 

"You betrayed me!" Luca hissed, staring at Jamie with a glare. The tint of red coming to his eyes. His anger held back but clearly visible. 

"Well of course this is Darren we're talking about. You took him away without consent and tried to force him into your wicked ways." Jamie growled angrily too. Luca ignored him and stared back at me with soft, caring looking eyes. 

"Darren please. I had a reason for what I did. I only wanted the best for you. I promise, Darren. I promise I will be better. I won't lock you up." Luca looked regretful but I was not believing him, I was never believing his words again. 

"Thats what a psychopath always says." I snapped at him, remembering being locked up like some sort of animal. 

"Don't worry I'll get you back." Luca's voice sounded promising. It scared me at the tone it held. 

We turn away and saw a yacht come to view. It looked very familiar. "Dad!" I called out once I saw him standing in front. He called my name out and once the boat reached us, we met each other and hugged. I missed him so much, as much as I hate to admit it. I love being in his arms, it made me feel protected and loved. Most people aren't lucky enough to have a father, but I had one and I will always listen to him from now on. "I'm sorry!" 

"It's okay. We have to tell you about Luca." After hugging my brothers and being all happy, I sat and they proceeded to tell me about Luca being this mythical creature, a vampire. 

"Your parents and siblings understood that you were his mate but most vampires become obsessed, like you observed, with their mate if they haven't mated yet." Jamie explained. "You still have a life ahead of you. We didn't want you to be tied down." What the hell. After he told me, I proceeded to pass the fuck out. The last thing I heard was: 

"That's barely half of what we have to tell you."