The Truth About Danny

AN: I know this chapter was very short, but  I also wanted to do a chapter more centered on the mystery of Danny, I hope you like it: 3

---

Danny stood outside the courthouse. He did not want to be seen, but he could not think of any other way to know if Harry was happy again. That's why he was waiting. Seeing everyone coming out of the courtroom with a happy smile on their lips, Danny thanked God, and thought that now was the time to leave. Harry already had his new family, he no longer needed Danny’s secret care, or his prayers. He already had a place he belonged to, a family he could call his own. And as much as Danny wanted things to be different, he knew there was no place for him in Harry's life. And he knew it was all his fault.

*****

Now, once again, almost every night would be like today. Laid-back laughs, Liam and Louis pining for each other, a game of charade that Zayn's group always won, no matter how often Louis complained that Liam was a bad partner and that Harry and Zayn were cheating. Emma declared that it was because they were connected and so they understood each other just by one look. Niall rolled his eyes and said that she was supposed to cheer for her own team, not theirs. Emma didn’t care, and as much as she wanted to win, she would always want to wring smiles from her family more.

"Harry, your mother is on the phone." Monica told Harry as he laughed at Zayn trying to mimic the movie "Planet of the Apes."

"Just a minute." Harry told them.

"Is she coming over this weekend?" Louis whispered to Zayn, not wanting Harry to hear.

"Yes, I've already talked to her. I'm going to make the formal request on Sunday, and you're obliged to come."

"Who said I want to come?" Louis asked.

 "You don’t have a choice. Besides being my best man, you're my brother-in-law too." Zayn laughed and Liam looked at Louis with a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"You're an idiot." Louis said, throwing a pillow at Zayn.

*****

"I forgot to receive your mother at the airport, Harry. Liam has taken my car to Louis' house."

"It’s alright, I think I got that taxi driver's phone number somewhere."

"What taxi driver?"

"Danny, I told you about him."

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower. If you can’t find it, we will call some other cab." Zayn told him, kissing his lips.

****

Danny reached the mansion at the appointed time. Emma smiled widely when she saw the familiar face. Harry did too.

"I am finally back home, Danny." Emma told him the good news.

"That's very good. I see that you are very happy." Danny said gently. Zayn liked him. "And where are we going?"

 "Airport Franklin Jr." Harry replied "My mother is waiting for us."

"Yo-yo-your mother?" Danny asked, visibly nervous.

"Yes, she's coming to spend the weekend with us." Harry smiled showing all his teeth, excited to meet his mother after such a long time.

"I'm sorry, I can’t take you there."

"What?" Zayn and Harry asked together.

"I just remembered that there’s something very important I need to do. But I'll call one of my friends, they can take you."

Danny got out of the car leaving the three of them confused. He could not breathe. His wallet fell open on the car's dashboard. And at that moment Harry felt his legs tremble.

"What’s wrong, Harry? You're so white."

Harry didn’t say anything but pointed at the open wallet in front of him. Zayn didn’t understand and picked one of the pictures. Harry looked more closely at the photograph of a child, a little boy with a lot of hair and green eyes. He then started crying.

"Is that you?" Zayn asked in a shocked voice, covering his mouth with his hand.

"My friend is coming." Danny said getting back into the driver's seat. "He will be here in less than 10 minutes.” Missing the sudden silence, he looked back at Zayn who had his wallet in his hands. "I can explain..." Danny felt tears forming in his eyes.

"You have a lot of pictures of Harry in your wallet, you're a sick man. What do you want from him?" Zayn asked furiously grabbing the collars of Danny's shirt. "Are you a psychopath? Stop following him." Harry was in shock, he remembered Danny’s smell now, the smell he longed to forget. "I'm going to call the police."

"Zayn, stop." Harry said still in shock, "He's my father."

----

AN:  Who figured Danny could be Harry's father? Leave comments, I believe the next chapter will be the last. so, that's it, leave your beautiful comments .. I'm already beginning to miss you with your words that make my days :(