𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

❤︎

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒: 𝐴 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑅𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑚

The six Lewis children crowded the small station that Friday afternoon, along with Jenny, Henry and of course their father. The children didn't waste time with their usual arguing and instead waited for the arrival of their sister. As much as they all would hate to admit it, they had indeed missed her and her motherly tendencies.

It was almost a routine for the siblings to stand in height order, it almost felt natural. Andrew would stand at the top, his stance tall and strong from his years in the army, next to George, who too stood proud in a bid to be like his brother. Betty would often come next, her perfectly styled hair and fancy heels giving her the extra height to rival her brothers and her younger siblings. It would then be Mary, with her angelic features being hidden behind the unruly hair of Jane who was often in her arms. And last was Peter, the most mischievous of the lot, who enjoyed his spot as last in the order, leaving him from sight most of the time.

Both happy and sad memories came from the station. The happy memories certainly outweighed the bad. It was the same station in which the family was reunited with their father and oldest sibling after the war.

They waited silently by the side of the tracks, eyes watching with surprising anticipation as the 4:15 train pulled into the station, its doors eventually opening slowly.

It took a moment for all eyes to land on a woman struggling to lug her bags from off the train further down the track. She was well dressed in an expensive-looking dress jacket and her hair was in short, pretty curls down her back. It was her eyes though, that were so brightly familiar to the children as they sprinted towards her with loud giggles and open arms.

"Sabrina!" The woman turned to see the children, her lips widening into a dazzling grin as she too opened her arms welcoming them into a warm hug.

"I've missed you all so much." She squeezes them tightly one last time before letting go and stepping back, placing a hand around the straps of her bag once more.

"You all look so grown up." She exclaimed, taking the face of Peter in her hands, and much to his annoyance giving his cheeks a pinch.

She turned to the boys. "I trust your as mischievous as ever."

Before they could reply with an eager nod, Jenny whisked her in a motherly hug. "You don't realise how much we've all bloody missed you." She said, as she fussed over her hair that was now slightly ruffled thanks to children.

"You too, Jenny." She laughed, not admitting that she had missed the fussing.

"But look at you Sabrina! God that outfit must of cost a fortune." Betty tugged at her jacket, rubbing her hand over the expensive material in awe, as Sabrina hugged her father.

"They were a gift from Mr Babineaux." Betty let her eyes run over her sister's face, taking in the changes. Sabrina had defiantly matured, and had it not been for the mention of John in her letter, one may have thought her another woman. Her style had matured, and she wore beautiful clothing from Paris, thanks to the people she met.
Betty thought her smile had even shone brighter than it ever had before.

"I'm glad you're home." She said softly. Sabrina chuckled, removing the hand from Henry's shoulder.

"I'm glad to know you've missed me as much as I have you."

Betty rolled her eyes playfully, nudging her slightly, before speaking. "Don't push it, I haven't missed you that much."

"But I was right though. You sound like one of those posh twats you get in London." Betty exclaimed, the filter on her lips suddenly disappearing.

Sabrina rolled her eyes at her siblings as they all laughed at Betty. She picked up her bags, throwing one in front of the other in a motion for them to move away from the platform. The children followed behind Jenny and their father with Henry tagging along at the back of the group next to Mary.

"You're joking. One week at home and my accent will be as good as old."

Jenny turned to take one of Sabrina's arm in her own, entwining them in a loop. She leant in as she said, "Oh Sabrina, just wait until you see the Shelby boys. How handsome John has gotten."

Sabrina laughed, her cheeks burning a bright red at the mention of the Shelby boy. She looked away in embarrassment as Betty continued the teasing.

"A right ladies boy he is."

"You'll see him soon enough with his brothers." Jenny said, with a pat on the arm in encouragement.

"What do you mean?" Sabrina asked, her face burning even brighter at the thought of finally seeing him.

"Drinks at the Garrison as a welcome back. Polly insisted on being there!" Betty said with a wink. "She'll defiantly be dragging John along and he'll not miss a chance for a drink."

"Oh god." She muttered as she fell behind, a look of worry remaining on her face.

❤︎