04: A Roronoa Reunion

The crew left Zoro and Mei alone at the bow of the ship to catch up on lost time. The swordsman sat with his back against the railing, legs crisscrossed, and his swords in his arms. The green-haired girl leaned on the railing, staring at the sunset.

“That was rude you know,” Mei pouted, “Forgetting your own sister.”

“It’s been years, give me a break.”

“You’ve been on a long break, Nii-san~.”

“Cut that out. The others might think there’s some sort of incest involved.”

“Liar, they don’t seem to be the type to think that way.”

The swordsman huffed and turned away. Mei chuckled at his behavior and turned back to the ocean.

“I’m glad you found them.”

“Huh?” he said, confused.

“Nakama. I’m glad you found people to call your nakama.”

Turning around, Mei sat next to her brother and watched his crewmates scattered across the ship do their daily business.

“So what are you doing in the Grand Line?” the green-haired man questioned.

“Guess,” she smiled.

Frowning, he thought about the many things she wanted to pursue in their early years.

“Following in your awesome big brother’s footsteps right?”

Sticking her tongue out, she replied, “No way. It’s impossible for me to catch up to your monstrous abilities. It’s something else.”

Before he was able to guess again, Sanji opened the door and shouted.

“Nami-san, Robin-chan, Mei-chan, and the other shitty people, dinner’s ready.”

The sound of Luffy’s laughter and shouts of meshi echoed throughout the ship along with the footsteps of the other crew members rushing to the dining room.

Zoro stood up and looked down at his sister, “You better hurry up. In a few minutes there might not be anything left.”

Then he walked off, following the smell the nutritious meal.

Smiling, Mei ran after him, “Nii-san, wait for me!”

Ω•º•º•Ω•º•º•Ω

Dinner was in the usual Straw Hat fashion. Food was flying along with Luffy’s arms stretching to grab everyone’s plates. Chopper struggled to swallow down his plate before he became a victim to the rubber fingers. Franky drank his pints of cola and Brook had his glass of milk.

Mei never experienced such an eventful meal or such delicious food before. She was so overwhelmed that she looked at her brother wondering how he handled it. Zoro sat drinking his sake and smacking away Luffy’s hands over his plate. When he saw her staring, he smirked and pointed at her plate with his fork. When she returned her gaze to her dish, all the meat disappeared.

“Hahaha!” the cyborg laughed, “Looks like Luffy got Mei.”

“Yohohoho,” Brook joined in, “Never let your guard down during meals.”

In the corner of her eye, the rubber arms appeared and snatched the skeleton’s steak.

“Pff,” Mei laughed, “Looks like you lost yours.”

“Ah!” he exclaimed, “Luffy-san! That was mine!”

Leaning forward he struggled to reach his food, but the captain immediately stuffed it in his mouth.