Chapter 11: Cruel Reality

Start from the beginning

Yet she wouldn't forgive herself if she went back home with a word of protest .

" It is wonderful indeed Mr Pandey,  but do you have to speak about the kids in such a way they may grow up scarred by their past, frankly I don't see the need to speak about their parents sordid past infront of the kids " Lavanya kept her voice pleasant not wanting to rile him up with her anger .

" I see. You were offended by my speech . If you stayed by my side till the end you would have found out the reason I had to go to the extreme . How about you give me five more minutes of your time, I would like you to accompany me to see the most important part of the tour " Mr Pandey words held such calmness that it made Lavanya wonder on how he could possibly explain treating the kids like that .

It was that curiosity that made her follow him, as he walked her towards the backside of the orphanage, and her feet stumbled when her eyes landed on the sight Pandey wanted to show her .

Not in her wildest imagine did she expect to see four burial plots, the size of them were not of a adult which meant kids and her heart squeezed in pain for the nameless kids .

" You may be offended by my words,  but if those who visit don't see the kids or understand their dire stats then they won't help them . I have tried to make sure the children aren't subjected to the pity but it didn't provide me with the means to help them .

Each time I place a kid here. I know I failed them , if being an object of pity keeps them from lying in the cold soil I would do it . " Mr Pandey kept speaking but Lavanya eyes was fixated on a particular headstone .

" Roshini - Taken away from us way too soon " Lavanya eyes refused to move away from the plot, her eyes misted up and yet she refused to cry not in front of him. Yet he noticed her attention .

" Aww Roshini. She was just three years old when she left us, a heart problem that required a surgery that I couldn't afford. I tried begged and pleaded to everyone I knew yet no one came forth, and now seeing her buried here makes them help others " Mr Pandey was still speaking but Lavanya footsteps was already walking away.

She couldn't hear his sugar coated words, Lavanya remembered the little girl so clearly, she always believed the girl was adopted and living happily with her new family not lying here , when she reached her car she let her tears fall freely for the life that was taken away.

She didn't know why she drove the car to Akash father restaurant, and as she contemplated on whether to approach Vihaan in search of answers, the object of her thoughts stood before her.

Vihaan was assigned Valet parking that day, it was been a week since he saw his Angel. He wasn't avoiding her but truth was that he wasn't trying to reach her out either .

So when he saw her car making it way to the hotel entrance he couldn't help but prepare himself mentally for their meet and yet when she didn't get down from her car for more than few minutes, he was concerned enough to walk towards her car .

And when she saw him. She stepped out of the car and instead of handing the key to him. She gave it someone who was behind him and he turned around to look at his colleague who was assigned with the same task . He didn't understood her behavior until he saw the tear strained eyes .

" Lavanya .. " he spoke the word then made no move to say any more, he didn't know if she was willing enough to acknowledge him. The insecurities held him back until she looked at him as if finding courage to speak up .

" We need to talk " Lavanya spoke up and waited for him to react .

" I am working now, maybe some other time " Vihaan answered back as his eyes locked with his superior who was glaring at him for speaking with the customers but when he noticed the way her face fell, he decided to brave it enough to ask for a break from its superior .