Nym nodded and looked down at the paper, then hesitated. "Why don't we just message them? We could tell them the same thing, and just leave off the communicator part cause if we message them, they'll already be aware you have your communicator on you."

"True," Kirsi said and pulled out her comm. Nym watched her type out the message and hit send. Then Nym put back the paper and pen and got up. She slid off her slippers and put on the actual shoes sitting under the bed instead. Kirsi must have left them for her, hence why they weren't with the clothes.

"Alright. They know we're going for a walk. I told them we just needed to clear our heads but we'd stay close. I imagine most of the government activity will be close to here anyway," she said.

"Perfect," Nym said and looked around the room. "I feel like I'm forgetting something..."

"Your journal maybe? Maybe to make notes?"

"Good idea." Nym grabbed the journal off the bed and picked up the pen, sticking it behind her ear. For a moment she thought it might fall, but it stayed and she glanced over at Kirsi, watching her friend get up.

"Ready to go?"

"Ready."

Gripping the journal in one hand, Nym led the way out of the room. She glanced around the halls some, not sure if they were allowed to go out. Seeing no one except nurses, she slipped out and fell in step beside Kirsi.

"Do you think we need to go outside? I don't see there being much room back here for any kind of government stuff," she said, glancing around as they headed down the hall towards the lobby. She swallowed hard, wondering if there would still be bodies. Please let them have already removed all the bodies. She didn't want to get sick, and she didn't want Kirsi to freak out.

"It would make sense," Kirsi said, her voice quieter again. Nym imagined she was having the same thoughts.

She reached over and took the other girl's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. Her friend needed the consolation, and personally, she needed it too. She took a deep breath as they approached the airlock style door that led out into the lobby.

Neither girl spoke as they paused at the door and took the time to put on air tanks. Nym still took a cautious breath first, even though she knew these contained clean air. Once the air that rushed into her nostrils and lungs was confirmed to be clean, she breathed easier and adjusted the straps over her shoulders. "Need help?" she asked Kirsi, moving over there.

"I'm okay," Kirsi answered, her soft voice muffled by the mask.

Nym noticed she had the tank on her back cocked, though, so she helped straighten it out and adjust the straps. She could feel Kirsi shaking mildly, and Nym didn't blame her. She just helped her get everything on and took her hand again as she touched the door release.

They both stepped into the airlock as the door closed behind them. Air rushed around them. Then the other door opened.

Nym felt Kirsi squeeze her hand tighter as they entered the lobby a second time. Nym herself held her breath until she saw the whole room clear of the bodies and body bags. Even the ambulances were gone now.

Exhaling quietly, she squeezed Kirsi's hand back and swallowed hard. "Okay, it looks like there are a few agents at the desk," she half-whispered. "I don't see anything set up in here except guards. Why don't we check outside."

She didn't hear an audible response from Kirsi but saw her friend nod. Gripping Kirsi's hand tighter, she led the way outside.

Outside the sun peeked out of the grey clouds from the morning, casting a faint light on everything as it sank on the horizon. Nym tried to focus on that instead of the other morbid thoughts attempting to invade her mind. Nerves still writhed in her stomach and she felt mildly shaky. She was too afraid to stop, though. Glancing around the hospital courtyard, she spotted a few vehicles that were definitely government issue. The license plates and symbols on the back's gave it away. There were also a few tents set up, taking up the space of the courtyard.