Chapter Thirty: The Girl Who Wasn't Trusted

You woke up in a warm bed in what looked like an orphanage. You rubbed your eyes and wish that this was all a terrible nightmare. That you woke up next to Five again.

It wasn't.

You sighed and felt a tear slip. "Hey Y/N. How'd you sleep?" Gerard asked. You sat up and shrugged. "I just can't stop thinking about Five..." You said, taking the photograph of him out of your back pocket.

He was smiling from ear to ear and he had his hand in yours.

You looked back up at Gerard, who had something behind his back. "I got you something." he said, handing you a brown teddy bear. It had a collar on it that read 'Fudge'

"I thought you needed it." he said and you smiled. "Fudge...did you choose the name?" You asked and Gerard nodded. "I found him when first came here. He helped me overcome the fact that I might never see my Frankie again...he helps me calm down. But I think you need him more then I do." he said.

You looked at the dull brown hues of the puppy. You smiled and give it a tight squeeze. "Thanks Gee." You said, giving Gerard a nickname. He smiled.

"At least I have you too." You said and Gerard smiled. "Where are we anyways?" You asked "You don't remember that we walked here?" he asked and you shook your head.

"Everything after meeting you is blur." You sighed, hugging Fudge tighter. Gerard took a seat next to you. "Do you wanna take about Five?" he asked, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"He was-" Gerard stopped you. "No. Not was. He still is. He's still alive." Gerard said. You smiled. "He is our age. You're 18 right?" You asked and Gerard nodded. "I just turned 18 two days ago." he said and you gasped. "We share the same birthday!"

"Can you do these weird things too?" You asked and Gerard nodded excitedly. "I can stick to flat surfaces and shoot webs from my wrists." he said. Your eyes widened. "Woah! So you're basically Spider-Man?" Gerard giggled.

"Basically. Except I'm not as brave. I don't go kicking people's asses everyday." You giggled. "Do you have any powers?" he asked. You threw Fudge across the room and Gerard gasped.

Your hands started to glow (a blue neon) as you moved Fudge from the corner of the room to the top of Gerard's head. He smiled. "And you're busy thinking about how you could impress me?" You said, reading his mind. Gerard blushed a bit and you laughed.

"And I can sense the future. That's how I knew me and Five should have gone." You sighed, taking Fudge off of Gerard's head and hugging him again.

"Five-he is so caring. But he has such a big ego." You giggled. "His eyes are one of the most interesting things about him. When you look at them from a far, the look like an icy blue. But the closer you get, the more green they become. They have these beautiful blue highlights in them near the pupils. The first thing I noticed about his when I met him again, were his eyes." You said, staring dreamingly at Gerard, getting lost in your thoughts of Five.

"His skin-I've never felt anything smoother. Besides all of the scars he has on his body. You wouldn't know how many I've seen...there are so many of his chest, his arms, one on each wrist. Sometimes I wonder what he's been through. He tells me as much as he can, but I know there's way more that he's hiding from me. I just want to know about what happened in the past. But that's what he keeps from me. He wants to quote unquote 'protect me'. But it doesn't feel like protection. It feels like he's not letting me in again. I left before and he knows that I won't leave again. I just want him to let me in again. Is that too much to ask?" You said feeling tears burn in your eyes.