Chapter Four: The Girl With A Special Power

"Um, I-I need to go." Y/N said, grabbing her bag from the bed and pushing past my siblings. "Y/N! Where are you going?" I asked as I followed her. She turned around.

"I'm going home, Five. Ryan is probably wondering where I am." she said, her hand on the door knob. "Can I not teleport you there? Or let me at least walk with you." I said as she bent down and laced up her converse.

"No. It's okay. I'll see you around Five." she said as she got back up. She turned around and looked at me. "See you around." I said sadly. She began walking and I sighed.

I walked back into the house, where I saw everyone gathered by the living room. I looked at them and feel anger bubble inside me again.

"If you guys hadn't came here and DISTURBED US then she wouldn't have stormed away! You guys always ruin everything! First you-Allison! First you ruined chances with Leilani when we we're 13! I could have been with her, but you made her run away! You made her sad, you forced her to hurt herself, you made her almost kill herself! It was all your fault, Allison! You as well!" I pointed at Luther.

"And you too!" I pointed at Diego then looked at Klaus. "It would have been peachy if you hadn't pushed her off the edge! She would have been right here, in my arms. We would have been happy. I could have been happy. I could have been happy with Y/N! But now you ruined every single chance I had with her. The truth is," I take a deep breath, calling myself down a bit.

"I like Y/N. She reminded me of Leilani. Her smile, her laugh, her personality. I really love her. When we almost kissed, I felt like a spark could have been reignited. Like I could have been alive again. But that's all gone now. She's gone. She's going to avoid me. It's always you guys who get in the way."

I pushed passed them and walked upstairs. "Sometimes I wish that I wasn't adopted." I muttered and walked to my room.

-(sober) Klaus's POV-

I frowned. "Allison..." Vanya started. I looked at her. "What?" Allison spat back making Vanya roll her eyes. "You know very well what. You were going to use your powers, weren't you?" she yelled.  Allison looks to the floor.

"You know very well that Five hates it when you manipulate people! Come on, Allison!" Allison's dyed curls fell over her face. "Um...I'm sorry that I left like that." I heard a familiar voice and looked up.

My eyes widened. Number Eight. "How much did I drink today?" I asked Ben. "Nothing." he replied. I looked back at Eight. "Is it really you?" I asked and she nodded. "I guess."

"Vanya, do you see her as well?" I asked. "Of Course." she said and I approached Eight. Her hair fell on her face and her eyes glow a bit.

"Is it really you?" I asked again. "It's me, Klaus." she said and showed me her wrist. The tattoo. "Vanya, come look." I summoned her. She looked at Eight's tattoo and gasped

"Do you even know what this means?" Eight asked. Vanya and I looked at each other. "I mean, I saw it on the gate and on the windows. I just don't know why I have it." she said and Diego shook his head.

"I don't know man." he said apprehensively. "What seems to be the matter..." Pogo said  as he entered the room. He caught a glimpse of Eight.

"Leilani?" he asked. She looked around, confused. As if Pogo wasn't addressing her. "Leilani? Who's Leilani?"
"That's you." I clarified. "No, you must be mistaken. My names Y/N." she said, looking at Vanya.

"She's right. That is her name. But why does she have the tattoo?" she asked. "Can you read Minds?" Pogo asked. She nodded in approval. "And I can move things with my mind." she said. I looked at Vanya.

"It's her." Vanya shook her head. "It can't be." she says. "It's Leilani Hargreeves." I said and Pogo nodded.

"It's her. The tattoo, her powers. It's her." he said. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Leilani." I said and wrapped her in a hug.

She hugged back and sighed into my shoulder. "Where's Five?" She asked. "In his room." I responded and she nodded. She headed upstairs.

-Five's POV, a few minutes earlier-

I slammed my door and felt tears burn in my eyes. I let them fall as I crumbled down onto my bed. I started to cry and my sadness turned into anger.

I got back up and looked for anything I can break. The first thing my eyes caught on was the porcelain doll Grace gave me. I took it in my hands and crushed it, the porcelain piercing my skin. Blood started to gush out of the several wounds in both my hands.

I winced a bit at the pain and then dropped all the shards to the floor. I looked myself in the mirror and frowned. I touched my forehead, smearing my blood on it.

I looked at the tattoo on my wrist. I clawed at it, so hard that I managed scratched my skin open. A few more tears slipped down my cheeks.

I wish I had never been adopted. I wish none of this had happened. I wish that I could have just lead a completely normal life. I wish I could have had Y/N by my side.

I wish I could just be normal.

I sighed and let out a sob. 

"Five?" Someone asked. I can only recognize that voice as Y/N's.  "Come on, Five. I know you're in there. Let me in." she pleaded. "It's open." I said, trying to conceal the fact that I was crying.

Y/N opened the door, her feet crunching the porcelain to smaller pieces. "What happened here?" She asked. I shook my head and looked at my shaking hand. "I-I just got a bit mad, that's all."

She lay a hand on my shoulder. "Five. There's something on your mind." she said and I let out a very loud sigh. "I'm just-my siblings. I know they mean well, but the fact that they-well Allison-tried to use her powers on you, I just flipped. I didn't want her to manipulate you. You're amazing, Y/N you remind me so much of my sister that ran away."

I noticed her hiding her wrist. "I miss her. When she left, I died inside. But it feels like I'm alive again with you. You make me feel like I still have a chance." I said. She looked at me and smiled.

"I think we still have a chance too, Five. I heard everything you said in the living room. I think within time, I could probably feel the same way." she said.

She heard what I said? Everything?

"Everything." she confirmed what I was thinking. "Before you say that you didn't mean it, I know you did. I know you meant every word you said. You meant every word, Five." she said and I looked at her.

"I did." She smiled, making my knees weak. "Now, how about we get you cleaned up?" she asked and I nodded. I completely forgot about the burning pain in my hands.

She left for a split second and came back with a first aid kit in hand. She spread antiseptic on some gauze and dabbed it on my wounds.

I sucked the air through my teeth in pain. When she finished, she applied some clean gauze on and wrapped a bandage over my hand, then repeating the process for the other.

She cleaned the blood off my face, her eyes always wandering to mine. We kept on making eye contact and then breaking it again. Her eyes sparkled again. When he finished, she sighed and said,

"It's dark out. I think I should be going." She walked to the door. "No! Stay. For Dinner at least." she smiled.

"Only because you asked."

☂️