Chapter 21: Cassie Strikes Back

Start from the beginning

"You get the fuck off my daughter!"

Drew whirled around to see six feet of fury in the form of Mr. Phillips stalking towards the crowd like a raging bull, with Mrs. Phillips running after him frantically. A majority of the crowd screamed in fright as they scrambled away from the area towards the route to the subway. The goons ran as fast as they could from Mr. Phillips' wrath, but Ashley wasn't lucky when he snatched her by her arm as she tried to flee from the scene, yanking her close to him.

"Uh-uh, you ain't going nowhere!" Mr. Phillips growled.

"Get off of me!" Ashley retorted, squirming in his grip.

"I'll gladly tear your arm off if you keep squirming," Mr. Phillips threatened, his iron hold on Ashley's arm tightening.

"Austin, take it easy," Mrs. Phillips warned, while Ashley stopped squirming and glared up at Mr. Phillips.

"You must be Ashley," Mr. Phillips said, ignoring her request.

"It depends on who's asking," Ashley challenged.

Mr. Phillips chuckled bitterly. "Don't be stupid, you know exactly who I am. I'm Austin, Cassie's white trash father."

Ashley looked as if she pooped her pants when recognizing Mr. Phillips without his goatee. "Oh, shit," she croaked out.

"Mm-hmm, I also know that you're responsible for almost killing my girl, and I ought to show you what real white trash looks like," Mr. Phillips snarled, looking as if he wanted to strangle her.

The remaining crowd let out collective "ooh's" at Mr. Phillips' threat. Drew tried hard to not feel nervous for Ashley, as he knew from past experiences not to mess with Italians. They go crazy when provoked, at least some of them. But Ashley did far worse than that.

"And that goes for all of you, don't think you're out of the woods, 'cause I know some of you are bothering someone else right now!" Mr. Phillips said to the crowd, making dead silence fall on them. "If any of you kids try to bully my daughter or any other student in this school... well, you don't wanna end up like Ashley here, 'cause she's screwed, and you'll remember me today, I will be your worst nightmare."

The crowd then let out nervous, distorted chattering, with one person replying,

"Yes, sir."

I rest my case.

Meanwhile, Drew and Mrs. Phillips rushed over to Cassie helping Simone up from the floor.

"Cassie, are you alright? Are you hurt?" Mrs. Phillips questioned worriedly, holding Cassie's face into her hands and examining it carefully.

"I'm fine, Mom, thanks to Drew, but I can't say the same for Simone," Cassie replied, as her arm snaked around her Simone's waist, keeping her steady while she coughed, trying to wipe away the blood lingering on the corner of her mouth and her nose.

"Come sit down here and let me take a look at you," Mrs. Phillips said to Simone, guiding her to the school's gate. Drew almost forgot that Cassie's mother was a doctor.

Meanwhile, three deans and a bunch of school safety agents came bounding outside from the school.

"Well, that took you guys long enough!" Mr. Phillips barked. "Where the hell you been?"

"We were with another expelled student," one of the deans replied.

"So it took all of you to get only one person?!" Mr. Phillips asked, irate.

"It wasn't that easy, that student was very violent," a school safety agent protested.

"Well, I bet it wasn't as violent as what I've just seen this afternoon that made me and my wife get out of our car to save our child from this girl Ashley and three other girls who looked like grown ass women, beating up a sixteen-year-old girl, and you're out here taking a stroll like we're in the damn park!" Mr. Phillips exclaimed angrily.