Chapter one

About a week had passed since everyone had been changed back to normal.

Grian was still staying at Xel's house with him and Sally, trying his best to doctor Xel who didn't mind and let him tend to him.

Grian was currently outside, soaring around a little to get some fresh air.

Xel watched him from outside where he tended to the animals that had come to call his area home. He smiled a little, watching Grian do flips and twirls in the air, whooping and laughing the whole time.

His smile flickered as he saw Grian take a sudden dive towards the water. For a moment, he thought the elytra broke and moved forward only to stop when he pulled up at the last second, soaring over his head.

Xel released a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding as Grian came in for a graceful landing.

His hair was properly wind rustled and looked fluffier than normal, if that was even possible as he grinned brightly at Xel. His cheeks a little rosy from the wind lashing at them.

"Thanks for letting me go flying for a bit, Xel! I really needed to get out of the house for a little bit."

Xel chuckled. "I never told you that you had to stay on the ground."

Grian shrugged, still smiling. "Fair point. Though I wish you could've joined me..."

Xel smiled a little. "I'm trying to recover, kid. Not make it worse."

"I know, I know." Grian replied with a sigh. "Still. It's been a week and it's still not completely healed. Even with the potions..."

Xel walked inside with Grian and sat down in his chair. "Potions don't fix everything, Gri."

Grian huffed. "I wish they did..."

Xel chuckled a little. "So do I."

Grian turned to him. "How much longer do you think it'll take?"

Xel hummed before carefully standing. "You know. I'm willing to pack up some stuff and trying flying out there today. I should be well enough to make it to your place."

Grian beamed. "Really?" before his smile fell. "Are you sure? I don't want to rush you..."

Xel nodded. "Certain. I'll be fine. Come on. Let's pack up."

Grian hesitated before smiling and nodding, following him into the other room to pack up.

About half an hour later, everything was packed and stowed away for traveling. Xel fastened his elytra on and watched as Grian carefully tucked Sally into his sweater making sure she was comfortable.

"Ready?" Grian asked.

Xel nodded. "As I'll ever be, kiddo."

They both took off into the air.

Xel stared down at the ocean beneath them as they drifted through the air. His face was in a thoughtful scowl, not that anyone, including him, could see.

"-ink? Xel?" Grian's voice reached his ears making him look up.

"What? Sorry kiddo. I was thinking."

Grian smiled. "It's alright! I was just saying, we should be approaching Mumbo's pretty soon, don't you think?"

Xel nodded. "Yeah. Should be right up ahead."

Sure enough, the base came into sight within moments.

Grian grinned and pulled an egg out of his inventory. "What do you say to a little fun?"

Xel chuckled and pulled one out too. "You read my mind."

The two soared over the base and once they spotted Mumbo fumbling with his storage, took aim and released their attack.

Mumbo screamed in surprise at the sudden bombarding of eggs and ran for cover before looking up towards the sky hearing laughter and seeing Grian and Xel soar past. "Real mature you two!" He hollered after them as they headed towards Grian's base.

Mumbo huffed and looked out where some chickens now ran around near his storage. "Great..."

They were still laughing as they soared into his base and came to a somewhat graceful landing but that didn't last long as they both collapsed to the floor laughing.

"Did- did you see his face?!" "His scream!" "It was great!" They grinned as they looked at each other, a mischievous glint in their eyes.

Sally huffed. "I agree with Mumbo. It was quite mature of you..." She commented dryly but smiled at the happiness on her boys faces. Well. In their voices at least.

The two laughed again but Xel started coughing, quickly causing Grian to hurry over. "Xel!"

"I'm-" He coughs again, kneeling on the ground. "I'm okay..."

Grian hovered around him before pulling out a shulker box and throwing it open. He quickly grabbed and potion and passed it to Xel who quickly chugged it before coughing a little more before taking some deep breaths. "I'm... I'm alright, Gri. Sorry for scaring you."

Grian sighed with relief before smiling sadly. "It's alright Xel. I shouldn't have even suggested it-"

"No. None of that. I needed that. Trust me I did. We both did. I just need some rest and I'll be fine."

Grian frowned, not looking convinced but moved to help Xel to his bed.

Xel let him help him over and laid down, placing his helmet he had removed to the side. "Seriously kid. I'll be alright. But you should get some proper rest too."

Grian hesitated before nodding and placing down another bed. "Goodnight Xel. Goodnight Sally."

Sally smiled at Grian from her place beside Xel. "Goodnight Grian. Don't worry. I'll wake you up if anything happens."

Xel slightly rolled his eyes but nodded. "She will."

Grian smiled a little. "Alright. Goodnight." He told them as he crawled into bed.

"Goodnight kiddo."

And the three fell asleep.