Sickness and Golden Woods

Start from the beginning

"You are coming to us. As are the footsteps of doom. You bring great evil hear... RINGBEARER!" Frodo's eyes widen and he stumbles slightly at the blue eyes that had appeared in his mind.

"Mr. Frodo?" Sam questions his master in concern. Frodo waves him off, claiming he's fine.

"Well! Here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily! I have the eyes of a hawk ad ears of a fox!" Gimli states confidently as they walk forward. Suddenly two arrow appear in from of his face and he stops in shock.

The rest of the fellowship are quickly surrounded and Legolas tenses, bringing Galelie closer to his chest. He would have put her down and drawn his bow but that would have taken far to long and he had the strange urge to protect her at all cost. The elves moved in closer and he wrapped her up even tighter in his arms.

"A dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." A blonde elf, who looked like the captain, stepped forward and looks down on Gimli with unmasked distaste. Aragorn however bows his head.

"Haldir of Lorien. We come here for help. We need your protection." He speaks to the captain in low elvish.

"Aragorn. These woods are perilous. We should go back." Gimli tries to convince the ranger but Aragorn shakes his head.

"No Gimli. If we go back now there is no hope for Galelie at all." He replies to the dwarf and Haldir's head snaps up.

"Queen Galelie? She is with you?" His normally calm voice was now urgent. The fellowships eyes are cast to the ground and Legolas slowly walks forward, revealing the queen to him. The black arrow still in her stomach. Haldir's face flickers into many emotions, the most prominent one horror and sadness.

"Come. Galelie will not last. You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood, you cannot go back. Come, she is waiting and will be most distressed to here of Queen Galelie." He steps forward to take her from Legolas but he steps back and brings her closer to his chest, signalizing that he would rather carry her. Haldir looks at him strangely but turns and leads them away all the same.

Soon, night falls and the forest seems to glow with a heavenly light. The company looks around in amazement and begin climbing a long, spiral staircase up a tree. The golden light reflecting on their faces. Legolas looks down to make sure Galelie is alright and is amazed by the change. Her once white skin looked like honey in the reflecting torches, her hair like spun gold.

The end on top of the greatest tree and stand in front of yet another staircase, this time waiting for the two elves. A bright light shone out and two beings walked down the steps. Galelie shifted and whimpered at the light but stopped when the light faded, showing the Lady of the Wood and her husband, Celeborn.

"Nine there are, yet 10 set out from Rivendell. Tell me where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him." Celeborn greets them but none answer. Aragorn makes eye contact with Galadriel and she reads his thoughts, her face showing grief and disbelief.

"He has fallen, into shadow." She says quietly, as if not believing it. Aragorn nods, confirming her reading.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail.... to the ruin of all." Galadriel starts and makes eye contact with all of the fellowship, lingering on Boromir. The man seems to be shaken and quickly looks down, gasping.

"...Yet hope remain while the company is true." She smiles at Sam then continues," Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest, for you are weary with much sorrow and toil. Tonight you will sleep peacefully." She fades off and looks at Frodo.