Chapter 3

Your POV
I woke up in a small cell. There was moss and algae on the wall, and the air was still and smelled of mildew.

Basically, it sucked.

Suddenly, from a door I didn't realise was there, a girl stepped in. She was around 5ft tall, and had shoulder length brown hair. Bright green eyes and a small nose with thin lips occupied her face. She wore a denim jacket, a black halter top and a short white skirt. Strangest of all, there were small horns sprouting from her head, parting her hair. A red devil tail flicked around restlessly behind her. I realised she could stab through a skull like it was butter with the wicked point of her tail.

She opened a black leather satchel with silver embroidery that was slung over her back. To my horror, an emaciated little teddy crawled out. It had swirling black whirlpools of god-knows-what for eyes, a stab wound in its stomach and a little dark blue superhero cape tied to its back. It attached itself to the girls leg in a way that seemed almost sweet.

The girl smiled awkwardly and patted its head. "(Y/N), this is Mr Bear. And I'm Halves, though my full name is Delta Ingoldsby Evans. But you can call me H. I came here to ask you some questions."

My head swirled. The first words that came out of my mouth were, "What are you?"

She frowned and called out of the door, "Ashleyyyyy.. this girl is rood!!!!!"

A faint voice came. "Deal with it!!!!"

She pouted and turned around. "Don't freak out, but I'm not the one asking. He is."

With that, the teddy pried itself off her and waved goodbye to H.

It turned around and smiled grotesquely.

We're going to have fun together!, it said before settling down at a small redwood desk in the corner...

Halves POV
I flounced out to eat, leaving Mr Bear behind. I waited outside for a moment, and then pranced to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took a piece of raw beef out. I bit down onto it, eyeing EJ's stock of intestines. I decided not to as Ashley came in.

"Hello, Ashley! You hungry?"
I shook the glass jar in her face, making her grimace at the smell of formaldehyde.

I frowned as she turned away wordlessly. I carefully replaced the jar in the fridge before running back to the apartment...

¡TIMESKIP¡

I stopped at the apartment and jabbed the elevator button, still chewing pensively on the beef. I swallowed it down and then entered the elevator car, lighting a cigarette as I did so. I drew in a lungful, thinking about the dirty, disheveled girl in the cell. She's just woken up after 3 months... was it really all right to leave her with Mr Bear? I shook the thoughts off before exiting the elevator car and unlocking the door.

When I stepped in, BEN slammed me against the wall.

"I would thank you to get off me, you fat lazy addict."

He laughed hoarsely, mimicking my words in a high-pitched tone before refusing. I sighed, before muttering something.

I doubled over laughing as Mr Bear appeared and started mauling him.

I still sniggered as BEN lay passed out on the floor, and when I had to dump him on the sofa.

So, million dollar question! Who do you ship Halves with?

I won't judge you or anything- just want your opinion. Thanks!