cinco

✎

"hmm jisung seems sadder than usual? do you know why?" jaemin asked the other members, about jisungs mood. every since yesterday, they have never seen jisung so depressed. he wouldn't even crack a smile. his eyes seemed very puffy too as if he were crying for hours. jaemin took notice of this and asked him. though he didn't even answer and walked away.

"no, he hasn't given us an answer." mark replied. all 6 of them look at the miserable boy, who's head was down on the wooden desk. they felt bad for the boy and wondered who had hurt him so much.

"hey guys, good morning." jisungs hears the voice ring in his head. he fists his fist to prevent himself from crying again. he had thought all his tears were gone, but i guess yesterday didn't make up all eleven years of sadness.

"oh hey chenle! how are you?" renjun asks, letting the boy sit with them. jisung felt his presence near him and whimpered. his name. chenle. a name he hasn't heard out loud in years. it pained him to hear it again. he thought he (or someone else) would never be able to say it again or hear it.

"im good, how about you guys."

"we're all fine."

"your friend over there doesn't seem too fine."

"well yeah, he been feeling really sad lately and we cant figure out why. we tried asking him but he would say anything." jaemin explained to chenle and he sighed.

"well i did save him from trying to jump off a building." chenle said almost so nonchalantly. jaemin and the guys froze and intensely stared at chenle. jisung also froze as chenle just exposed him about the event yesterday.

"what?" donghyuck asked. they could not believe what came out of the small boys mouth.

"he tried to jump off the roof but i was there in time to save him." mark walked over to jisung and shook him.

"hey, you tried to jump off!" mark scolded jisung, making him flinch a bit.

"yah, mark! dont scold the poor boy. he's going through a rough time." donghyuck made his boyfriend sit and as he was about to go take to jisung he lifted his head up and turned around facing everyone. in their eyes, jisung looked dead. his eyes were puffy, his hair was all messed up, and wore lazy clothes. jisung looked at chenle and his heart sank.

his face was slimmer. he dyed his hair a brunette color and it suited him. gold round glasses was placed on the bridge of his nose. he was shorter than jisung but just by a couple centimeters. jisung noticed how the boy was the way he remembered.

sweet.
loving.
cute.
happy.

somethings jisung could never achieve to be.

"jisung is my name. park jisung." jisung said softly, but enough for chenle to hear him. he breaks his eye contact -that had been going on for a while- with chenle and walks out the classroom to go to his next class. the rest follow behind him, separating themselves to go to class, leaving chenle alone in his seat.