Ch. 55 Sudden Change

Start from the beginning

Chu Lian tugged at Xiyan, who had almost lost her soul from the tension just now. “Xiyan, what are you blanking out for? We have to leave now! Didn’t you hear what that man in grey said!”

Xiyan was only a maidservant in the end. No matter how loyal she was, with everything that had just happened, her spirit had already been completely shattered since Xiao Bojian’s mysterious appearance in the private room. After Chu Lian pulled her into motion, she became completely flustered. However, upon seeing how calm Third Young Madam was, she seemed to have found her backbone. She watched Chu Lian closely and forcefully nodded.

Chu Lian patted her arm and led her towards the exit. The fighting sounds from next door had become even louder, accompanied by the sounds of porcelain shattering on the floor.

Since Chu Lian was in such a rush, the jade amulet she had at her waist got hooked onto the screen and fell to the carpet silently. Chu Lian and Xiyan didn’t notice it at all.

When she reached the door, she found the unconscious Wenlan. Chu Lian’s expression turned solemn. No wonder Wenlan hadn’t even warned her about Xiao Bojian’s visit. She had already been taken care of.

When Xiyan saw Wenlan collapsed against the wall, she almost shouted in fright. However, upon receiving Chu Lian’s warning glare, she hurriedly covered her mouth and silenced herself.

Chu Lian and Xiyan were both women, and their strength was limited. There was no way they would be able to carry the unconscious Wenlan with them.

Xiyan tried her best to suppress her building anxiety, but she couldn’t hold back the tremor in her voice as she asked, “Third… Third Young Madam, what should we do now?”

Chu Lian looked at the unconscious Wenlan and then back at Xiyan, who was clearly frightened out of her mind. Her hands clenched into little fists, hidden under her wide sleeves. When she felt her nails dig into the palm of her hands, she forced herself to calm down.

Chu Lian didn’t reply Xiyan immediately. Her clear, determined eyes made a sweep of the area outside the private room. When she noticed a rack of basins nearby, she hurried over to it and took up one of the bronze basins. Then, in a single quick movement, she upended the basin, pouring cold water all over Wenlan’s face.

Chu Lian had no idea if this would work. If they couldn’t wake Wenlan up, she and Xiyan would have to leave first.

Perhaps Wenlan’s senses were more developed than most due to her martial arts training, because right after the cold water hit her, Wenlan quickly woke up. Her eyelids trembled as she fought to open her eyes. The first thing she saw upon regaining consciousness was Chu Lian squatting in front of her with a solemn expression. Afterwards, it didn’t take long to recall what had happened before she had been hit.

Wenlan’s pupils abruptly shrunk and her eyes turned clear. Worried, she asked, “Third Young Madam, did anything happen to you? Someone ambushed me!”

Chu Lian let out a sigh of relief and helped Wenlan up with Xiyan’s support. “There’s no time to explain. Wenlan, we have to leave this place right now!”

The sounds of combat from the next room hadn’t ceased while they were talking. Conversely, it sounded like the fighting was actually getting worse. Chu Lian wasn’t sure when the fight would spill over into their room, so it was best to leave right at this moment.