Chapter ☕️x20

Start from the beginning

Micheal and Dwight got back from their lunch break.

Dwight just walks past us without saying anything.

"No Micheal I have not told her about Pam yet," Jim gets closer to Micheal, and you can tell he has he's talking through his teeth. "we were just discussing that, and as I'm sure you heard, we are going to talk later. Come on y/n let's head up stairs."

Jim literally almost pushes me up the stairs.

"Hey Micheal." I wave back to him as Jim rushes to get up the stairs.

"Hi y/n!"

We make it back upstairs and almost everyone is back in their seats.
Dwight is getting situated, but isn't saying a word.

He's awfully quiet.

Just a few people aren't back from their lunch break.

Micheal follows from behind Jim and I.

"Y/n can you meet me in my office?" Micheal says quietly.

"Yea-"

"No! Micheal, we just talked about this please don't-" Jim interrupts.

"It's not about that! It's about her job...performance." Micheal says, turning to face him.

"Micheal, she's a receptionist, I know it's not. All she does is answer the phone."

"Wait, am I doing bad?"

I mean like, shit I wouldn't be surprised.

"No, y/n, you're doing fine." Micheal says back.

"See? Bam, job performance done, now if you don't mind Micheal, we'd like to get back to work."  Jim says quickly.

Jim leads me over to my desk, and pulls out the chair. I sit down, and he rushes over to his desk and sits.

Micheal sighs, walking up to Jim's chair. "Jim."

Jim tries to ignore him as he logs onto his computer.

"Jimbo. Jimmy. Jimothy." Jim rolls his eyes and turns his seat.

"What Micheal?"
"It has to be said sometime soon." Micheal whispers to him.

His whispering is really loud but I don't think he knows I can hear him.

"Not right now, Micheal. If you don't let me work I'm going to tell Toby."

"Ew wait are you serious?"

Jim nods.

Micheal quickly goes to his office while mumbling to himself, "Ew gross no no ew ew..." Until he closes the door.

I look over at Jim, who looks back at me.

I smile at him to try to make him feel better, but he only really smiles with his eyes.

I think everyone is just getting on his nerves.

After awhile, everyone gets back from their lunch break.

And nobody is calling the office or anything.
I've been bored almost all day.

I try to get Jim's attention but he's on the longest sales call on earth.

I look over at Micheal's office, and he's just sitting on his computer.

I don't want to bother him otherwise he'll try to talk to me about this Pam lady.

After Jim finally hangs up, I get his attention, and wave him to walk over to my desk.

He hops up, and leans down.

"What's up l/n?" He whispers.

Now I really didn't think of a question I just really wanted to talk to him so I wasn't so bored.

"Why is Dwight so quiet?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe Micheal told him something."

I shrug. "Maybe we should ask him."

"Maybe," Jim says, nodding. He goes to sit back down, but Micheal comes bursting out of his office.

"Attention everyone! I just got off the phone with David Wallace! I've got some big news! Pam Beasley, our old receptionist is coming back again! It's finally been confirmed!"

Everyone around the rooms claps, and cheers. Jim claps along, but doesn't look as excited.

"Aren't you excited Jim?" Micheal asks.

Jim turns in his chair, to face Micheal, and everyone quiets down.

Jim's face changes all of a sudden like he'd just realized something amazing, but at the same time is in disbelief.

Everyone starts cheering and clapping again.

She better not be taking my job.

"Wait!" Erin blurts. "Sorry for yelling...but what about y/n? Is Pam taking the receptionist job again?"

Micheal stops to think, "Um, I didn't ask."

"Well can you ask?" I say frantically.

"He just got into a meeting! I can't bother the CEO in a meeting!" Micheal yells over to me.

The whole office sighs and groans.
"That's not an excuse, y/n's job is on the line. Call him back." Phyllis says.

"Alright fine!" He heads straight back into his office and calls him again.

"So, he answered, and he said, she's coming back as a salesmen, and is starting tomorrow!"

The office claps, but no cheering this time.

They should be fucking cheering my money just got saved.

"So should the Party Planning Committee plan a little party for her?" Phyllis asks.

"No-!" Angela starts to blurt.

"Yes! This is great! Get to work guys!" Micheal heads back into his office, while Phyllis and Angela head in to plan the party.

"I still don't know who this Pam lady is," I mumbles to myself.

Somehow, Dwight heard me, because he says,
"Pathetic. You seriously haven't told her anything about Pam?" He says to Jim.

"What? Why is it such a big deal?" Jim asks back.

"Because she's your past lover. She should know."

ok well shit.

More soon! Thanks for 20k! ❤️