Dislikes Include Being Polite and Heterosexual

Start from the beginning

A faint blush tinged his cheeks but he played it off by grinning at me. "Jealous?"

"Is there something for me to be jealous of?"

Alfie shook his head, holding up a pair of black jeans and testing the length on himself before folding them back up and placing them in my arms. "It was stupid. I was drunk, he was drunk and he was looking at me like...like..." His eyes met mine. "Like you used to look at me."

I snorted. "A lost puppy begging for attention?"

The corner of his lips twitched. "No, like he needed someone to remind him he was worth something." He shook his head again, turning around and walking through racks and racks of shirts and hoodies. "It was stupid. It was meaningless."

I stepped in his path, forcing him to look at me. "Okay, first of all, I know for a fact that Elliot doesn't drink anything, you know due to my never-ending knowledge and second of all it clearly wasn't meaningless otherwise you wouldn't be trying to avoid him like the plague. Tell me what happened?" He frowned and I tried to lighten the mood. "Come on I want all the juicy details."

Alfie chuckled, shoving at my chest lightly. "I don't know Ace it was nice we danced and talked and talked some more and then the next thing I know we were just laying on the couch and he had his arms around me and it was so damn comfortable. Then I remember waking up in his bed with his arms around me and he was already awake watching me. We were both still clothed so I knew nothing happened and then we were talking again and it felt like hours." My friend sighed dreamily a small smile on his face. "I kissed him first I think then one thing led to another and...well I'm sure you can guess what happened next."

I groaned. "Nooooo come on, I want to know everything."

He waggled his finger at me. "Uh uh."

"At least tell me who topped." He stuck his tongue out at me and picked up a shirt laughing at it before spinning it around to show me. "What do you think?"

I laughed as I read it. On it, the words 'Bisexual' was printed on the front in big bold letters and underneath it read 'I'll ride anything.'

I grinned. "Oh yeah, definitely you."

Carrying the shirt around, I followed him as he viewed other items of clothing. How anyone found joy in clothes shopping I didn't know.

"Okay, so what else happened? You had sex, so what?"

Abruptly Alfie stopped, turning around. If looks could kill I'd have been staked, buried, dug up, and then staked again for good measure. "Sex isn't meaningless for me Ace. I can't just turn off my emotions like you can. I can't just let someone touch me in that way and not feel something." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking back at me and smiling sadly. "Like with you, I know when we first slept together It wasn't something that I did just because I was horny, I had sex with you because I really liked you."

I stared at him for a moment. I could never truly understand how Alfie could say so little but affect me so much. There was kindness in his smile, a gentleness. It was the smile of one who laughed with ease and saw a person under the behavior, a soul-connector. He was the kind of person who lived how he believed people should as if he were sunshine that only radiated from the best aspects of those he met, their flaws entirely invisible to his gaze. He was a calm sea, dancing birdsong and the new buds of spring. Yet, most of all, he was my friend.

Reaching out I cupped Alfie's face, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. "I know." Resting my forehead on his, my green eyes met his blue. "I love you, Alfie, I always will. You were my first and I'm glad you were because you showed me how to feel. I know that you can't turn off your emotions and that makes you a better person than I will ever be."