Chapter 18: The Aftermath of the War

Hi fans! If you've read my status... you'll know i'll be boarding for two months starting this Sunday... so I'm going to try to write as many chappies as I can within this week and its already Saturday... crap that...

So, this is NOT the end of Fuzzypelt... there's still 1 chappy after this. Then, there'll be... ta-da! ... a sequel!

5000 reads... that's AMAZING!!! XD

So, fly on...

Chapter 18:

"Cats of the clans and TortureClan! The leader of TortureClan has been killed!" Fuzzypelt yelled to the cats fought.

The number of TortureClan cats dwindled as the other clan cats easily defeated them. Most ran away, knowing their leader was dead.

Those who remained were either killed or badly injured. The clan-cats dealed them with equal terror and mercilessness.

But war was a loss to both sides. There were also dead and seriously injured clan cats.

-----

"Get me the chervil juice from the leaves, I'm afraid Hawkflight has an infected wound." Rockpath ordered the un-injured cats gently.

The LightClan cats had come back to camp a bloody mess. Blood blossomed on each cat's pelt, some clawed ears...

But that was not the worse of it all. Apparently, many cats had been ordered to kill Clawstar and he wasn't doing too well.

And this was his last life.

"Wildfur, Fuzzypelt and Sandtail, Clawstar wants to see you now..." Flowerheart murmured sadly to her kits.

As they sat by Clawstar's side, his amber eyes shone with pride and a short moment of peace.

*Note: This scene is a little emotional. Just a slight warning.*

"Wildfur. I was right to let Flowerheart call you Wildkit. You never seemed once sad or lethargic. My dear kit, I'll always think of you as my beauitful and strong-willed daughter," he purred to Wildfur, who rested her head on his shoulder.

"Sandtail. You are truly a brave son any father would want to have. You fought so bravely that night. I'll never forget that. And I'm sure Fuzzypelt would just love to be your mate," he mewed to Sandtail who blushed slightly.

"Fuzzypelt. Although you were not my real daughter, I loved you as much as I did to Wildfur. I guess one of the best decisions in my life was to let you into LightClan as my beautiful kit. I'm so proud of your courage. Another was to mentor you, it was nice to see how you hunted and fought..." he coughed slightly.

"... And I'll always love all of you. My three beloved kits. My time has ended. Do not feel sad, kits. It is all but the pact of life. I've served a good nine lives, it's time for me to join StarClan. Goodbye, loves. And tell Mossheart or Thornmist to give the deputy position to anyone they want..." Clawstar stopped suddenly.

"Clawstar?" the three cats watched as a faint outline of the brown tom ebbed slowly, ever so slowly away.

"He's with StarClan now..." Sandtail murmured.

*Note: The sadness has ended. Are you sad now?*

-----

"Cats of LightClan. Clawstar has left us, and I am your new leader," Mossheart yelled on the HighRock.

Cats gave short cheers, but there was a great silence at Clawstar's death.

"Fuzzypelt. Will you be my deputy? Clawstar specially told me to ask you. Thornmist has politely declined," he called to the surprised she-cat.