Chapter 16: The whole war is about to begin

Hi ppl:)

Enjoy my 16th chapter... It's my hard work and dedication to The Road To A Warrior.

To my 70 beautiful fans (even guys...), thanks for your support. It is when I check my email and I see "(name) has become your fan!" I am inspired:)

So, happy September holidays to those who are slacking now:3

I present to you:

Chapter 16:

As another yowl of struggling cats echoed throughout the forest, Rainstar's eyes flickered in glee. The new cat, Billy, was having his initiation.

As Billy tried to wiggle out of his collar, the other cats bit down on his collar. Hard. Too hard, in fact. Billy hurt. But it had to be done.

And then, the suffering ended. The blue collar strewn on the ground, in pieces. At last, Billy was a full TortureClan fighter.

"To Rainstar!" he yelled.

"To Rainstar!" the cats echoed back.

This loyalty was strong. Too strong to be broken by those four stupid clans. And the first targeted clan?

AirClan.

-----

Fuzzypelt knew the war was coming. And she had to defeat the leader. That's why StarClan was training her so hard.

But why? Of all other cats, was she chosen? She wasn't forest-born, for one thing. She also wasn't a brilliant hunter.

Then why?

Fuzzypelt's mind was full of doubts as she settled next to Sandtail in her nest. The fight was in one moon.

Can she, an inexperienced warrior, really protect these four clans?

-----

Sandtail knew something was wrong with Fuzzypelt. It happened even when she was a kit. He was her littermate.

He should know. He will know. And he does know.

But what could be troubling his best friend? His den-mate? His... mate?

"Seriously, Wildfur. I want to know what's wrong with Fuzzypelt. She seems so distant... like she's thinking about something important. I'm worried for her... I mean, I want to look out for her," he confessed to his sister.

"Sandtail. It's okay to worry. Why don't we both ask her now?" Wildfur suggested, flicking her tail to the mentioned cat.

Sandtail nodded as they padded towards the flame-coloured cat by the river, her reflection flowing in the water.

"Fuzzypelt?" they asked gently.

"Yes?" she replied with a question.

"Can we ask you something?" they continued.

"Go on..." she tilted her head softly.

"Is there something troubling you? And we want an honest answer, because we're litter-mates and you know you can tell us anything..." they went on.

Fuzzypelt stopped. Did her littermates notice her troubled mind? Should she tell them about the prophecy?

They might be too shocked. And angry that she didn't tell them earlier on. But quick-witted Wildfur and courageous Sandtail won't.

Right?

And then the prophecy echoed in her ears. "Storm approaches with Blood in his hands. The fuzzy flaming hope must rise against it. She must fight wildly using sand, and the clans can rest in peace!" The tom had said.

Wildly? Wildfur?

Sand? Sandtail?

Were they supposed to help her in this battle? Then they must know of the prophecy. She would tell them.

"About this..." she mewed.

And then, Wildfur's face showed a facade of shock whereas Sandtail just asked with worry, "So when will it be?"

"In about a moon." Fuzzypelt's words sounded cold.

"Do we tell Clawstar?" Wildfur questioned, recovering from her previous state of trauma.

Fuzzypelt shook her head. "It might worry the cats. And I'm afraid that someone in LightClan is planning this.

"The leader of TortureClan?" the two other cats quizzed.

Fuzzypelt nodded.

-----

The following few sunrises seemed forced. Tigerkit, now only three moons old, was going around the camp.

Thornmist was still resting in the nursery.

Tigerkit wandered into the medicine cat den, where Rockpath was organising the Chamomile flowers in the den.

"Can I help you, Rockpath?" she squealed.

Rockpath tipped her head in the direction of some cobwebs as Tigerkit went to help organise the pile. She was mentally prepared to see a cobweb tabby kit but instead she saw one, without mess, next to a neatly stacked pile.

"Finished!" Tigerkit mewed as she left the den.

Could Tigerkit become a medicine cat apprentice?

-----

It was on a half moon that Fuzzypelt told Sandtail and Wildfur about the coming war. It was clawmoon now.

Just a few more sunrises left.

The three cats trained harder when they were free, hoping only to perfect or master moves that might be useful soon.

-----

And then, it was half moon itself.

The war would begin at night. On AirClan.

Rainstar purred to his 'Clan', "TortureClan. I give you what you have been all waiting for...... a full scale war- and all the cats you can kill."

The cats yelped in joy as they swiftly moved towards AirClan.

-----

"Clawstar. We have something to say." Wildur, Fuzzypelt and Sandtail went into the leader's den, tails low.

"Yes, my kits?" he asked.

The whole thing was explained and Clawstar showed shock.

"The cats must be prepared for battle right now," he muttered.

And as though in realisation, a sickening cry echoed. Owlfur?

"AirClan is being attacked. We must go at once!" Fuzzypelt said exasperated.

-----

This is Chapter 16:)

I left you all at a cliffy! Heh heh...

Watch out for Chapter 17! It's a full scale war!

>.<