Chapter Fifty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Like the idiots they are, they placed the child down by the dump and the woman found him." Divya turned to Khushi. "It seems that the luck you have was also bestowed onto your son."

Khushi glared at her with disgust.

"At first I was furious that they had failed, absolutely furious! But once I learned how shattered you were, I was absolutely ecstatic! Even if the job wasn't carried out properly, it was still a success. Until again, everything was ruined.

"I had been vacationing with my pets, when word reached my ears that you had found your son. The second I found out, all I could see was blood, and so I came back. This time I would have my revenge, but this time I would go right to the source. And now here you are," she grinned.

Khushi said nothing and gulped.

"The only way to get my happiness now is by killing you. And after you, I will go after that stupid Shalini and finish what should have been completed long ago, and kill her."

"You'll never succeed," Khushi said, shaking her head. "You never did and you never will!"

"Won't I? I have you here with me after all. And once I have your heart ripped out of your chest and in my hand, the same will be done to your precious mother. Oh, and did I mention that I will get that infant daughter of hers as well?"

Khushi's eyes widened with horror. "You wouldn't," and Divya broke out with a cackle.

"Honestly girl, have you not even learned a single thing about me. I will get rid of her and her precious Ahana. Aryan had always wanted a daughter, even when Shalini was pregnant with Chote. The fact that she's finally given him what he wanted, even at this age, makes my blood boil! I will get rid of that thing and its mother and make my way into Aryan's heart. I will be the one to heal it and give him a daughter myself."

"You're delusional," Khushi hissed.

"It's the perfect plan," she grinned with a shrug. "And now, to get rid of you."

Divya looked at the men and they handed her a gun. Khushi's eyes widened at the sight of it and she tried to free herself, but their grip was too tight on her.

Divya looked at the gun. "I know how much Chote wanted a girl. And I know that you're pregnant again."

Khushi's eyes widened and she wanted to put her hand to her stomach, but their grip on her arms were too tight.

"Whether its a boy or girl, obviously is unknown. But don't worry - once I'm back in that house and I'm his mother once more, I'll find him the perfect girl for him to make a family with, make him forget about your son, and ship him off to be killed."

Khushi couldn't believe a word she was hearing. "You heartless monster!"

"What," she said innocently. "It's only the right thing of his mother to do."

"You're no mother of mine!"

Divya froze and her eyes widened as Arnav came out from his hiding spot. "Chote," she breathed.

Khushi shut her eyes as tears poured down her cheeks, thanking divine above for Arnav finding her.

"I told you then; you have no right to call me that," Arnav said as he slowly stepped forward.

"But I'm your mother-"

"You are no mother of mine," he shouted and Divya recoiled.

"Chote-"

"Enough! Let Khushi go!"

"Absolutely not! After everything she has done-"

"The only person who has done anything is you. Let. Her. Go!"

Divya pointed her gun at Khushi. "Take one more step and I'll shoot."

Arnav paused as his eyes widened. "Divya-"

"It's Dai Ma! Do I still need to teach you your manners at this age?!"

"Put the gun down-"

"Not until I've gotten rid of her-"

"Dai Ma, put the gun down! If you really love me as you claim, then you'll let go of the woman I love!"

"Why did you have to love someone like her, Chote? This worthless, nothing, villager girl! For heaven's sake, her own parents don't want her and they share blood with her. She means nothing, she isn't essential to anyone!"

Tears made their way down Khushi's cheeks as Divya's words hurt her.

"That's because no one else can see what I see. She may not be important to anyone else, but she is important to me-"

"Nonsense!"

"Not at all! Khushi is a very special woman and she is the only woman I could ever love. Without her, I'm nothing."

Khushi picked her head up and looked over shoulder to look at Arnav, her tears continuing to pour.

"She is the most important person in my life. So what if her brainless parents don't want her - I want her! I will for all of my life! She is the most important person in my life, as well as the most essential person in my life."

Khushi pursed her lips to hold back her sob. Oh Arnav!

"And nothing will ever change that, no one could ever change that, not even you Divya."

Divya clenched her jaw. "It's Dai Ma," she yelled.

Divya removed the safety on the gun and aimed at Khushi. The second she did however, policemen poured in from every direction and pointed their guns at her and her men. Divya and the men's eyes widened with fear, the men holding Khushi quickly letting go and holding their hands up. From behind, Aryan and the commissioner joined Arnav.

"Divya Param Chaterjee," the commissioner began, "you are under arrest."

As soon as the words left his mouth, two officers from behind quickly caught Divya's hands, taking the gun from her hold. Hard as Divya tried, she couldn't free herself and was quickly handcuffed, some of the other officers cuffing her henchmen. Arnav quickly dashed forward to Khushi and Khushi threw her arms around him as she cried into his chest.

"How did you-?"

"I saw him kidnap you and followed the truck here," he said, helping her up.

Aryan and the commissioner came forward, Aryan hugging Khushi as she hugged him back.

Arnav turned to the commissioner. "I want her locked up for as long as possible, her whole life if possible." He took his phone out from his pocket. "While I was hiding, I recorded everything she said, her admitting to her crimes, her threats, all of it."

The commissioner nodded. "I'll need you to come down to the station with me."

Arnav nodded and turned to his father. "Can you take Khushi home for me?"

Aryan nodded. "Absolutely. And none of us will let her out of our sight."

Khushi pursed her lips, looking down. Divya's henchmen were being taken past them, all of them looking down at the ground. Behind them, Divya was being walked forward. She glared at Khushi, muttering curses. She quickly glanced at the officers holding her and taking her chance, she forced her arms free and tackled Khushi. Khushi went falling backwards and tripped on the corner of a box, flipping around and falling face forward to the ground. The second she hit the ground, Khushi could hear nothing but static. She watched as Arnav came in front of her, his mouth wide open as he said something, but Khushi could hear none of it. Everyone crowded around her and she felt Arnav carry her into his arms before everything faded to black.

~
Alright, let's see you guys get to 175 stars.