"One of my passions." He informed her, gesturing to the painting around them.

Mallory's eyes widened, realizing that the paintings were "You still paint?" She asked Klaus in disbelief, turning to look him in the eye.

Klaus smiled slightly, feeling a bit happy about Mallory's reaction, "Yes, In fact, I do. What about you?"

"Oh, I haven't picked up a pencil, let alone a paint brush in over a year." She replied quietly, sounding a bit sad about it, "I miss it, but I never have the time. I have one question though," she paused, holding up the wrist that had a bracelet on it, "Where'd you steal this from?"

"Well, that's a long story. But rest assured it was worn by a princess almost as beautiful as you." Klaus flirted with her, causing Mallory to roll her eyes expressively as Klaus looked away in embarrassment.

He sighed in defeat, clearly figuring out that his attempts of flirting was not working Mallory. But of course, that was the thing. Mallory wasn't like other girls and that was why so many people had found themselves attracted to her throughout the eight hundred years she had been alive.

Mallory looked down at the drawings, continuing to admire them, "One of my landscapes is hanging at the Hermitage, not that anyone would notice," Klaus informed her proudly, "Have you been?"

"Nope," Mallory responded, "I haven't left the US since before 1864."

"Then let me take you," Klaus proposed, causing Mallory to turn to him with wide eyes, clearly shocked, "Wherever you want. Venice. Rome. Paris. Tokyo?"

"Oh, wow!" Mallory responded, causing them both to laugh until she decided to ruin the moment, "It must be really nice to just snap your fingers and get whatever you want, Klaus. Is that why you collect those hybrids of yours?" She questioned him in a cold tone, "A little servant army that can take you places and bring you things from anywhere in the world whenever you see fit?"

"You're making assumptions, Mallory." Klaus told her quietly, shaking his head.

"Then why do you need my boyfriend?" Mallory questioned Klaus angrily, "Stop controlling him. Give him his life back."

Klaus was clearly hurt by Mallory's insults and was quick to hide it with coldness, "You know, this has been a fun evening, but I think it's time for you to leave." He insisted and Mallory smirked, taking a threatening step toward Klaus.

"Actually, I had two invitations to this ball. I think I'm going to go find Kol instead. At least he's honest with me," she told her before beginning to walk away, only to stop and turn to Klaus once more, "I get it, Klaus. Your father didn't love you, so you assume that no one else will either. I felt the same exact way growing up, but then I found someone to love me. You refuse to allow yourself to do the same, that's why you compel people or you sire them or you try to buy them off." She paused, taking off her bracelet off before throwing it on the table, "But that's not how it works in the real world. You don't connect with people, because you don't even try to understand them."

Mallory scoffed as she sent Klaus a glare before storming off, leaving Klaus looking upset.

_____

Meanwhile later, Matt was walking past the balcony when he heard his name whispered at him from the balcony. Matt stopped, and walked onto the balcony, only to find no one there. He turned and was just about to leave when Kol appeared behind him, "Good evening," Kol spoke up, causing Matt to turn to him, "You're Rebekah's friend. We haven't met."

"Matt Donovan." Matt introduced himself, shaking Kol's hand.

"Kol Mikaelson," Kol replied, smirking as he started squeezing Matt's hand tightly, clearly intending to break it.