A new path & a strange headache

Start from the beginning

Weiss was a little stunned by his arguments. (Y/n) was smiling to himself, not only because he managed to silence Weiss, but also because she completely missed the flaw in his reasoning. Weiss shook her head and continued with the table cloths. "Ruby" She said. The red and black haired girl looked up. Weiss held two cloths up, "Which one looks better?" Ruby looks at them confused, "aren't they the same color?" Weiss hangs her head before sighing, "Why did I even ask" (Y/n) speaks up, "I'd say the one you have in your right hand looks better. That one seems a little lighter, accentuating the general color scheme you're using for the dance." Weiss flashes him a small smile, "Thank you (Y/n)"

Ruby gave him a confused stare, "You seem awfully smart today. With the fancy vocabulary and all" Yang states while glancing at you. (Y/n) shrugs, "It's likely the lack of our usual study hour, which me and Guy use for our science projects" His stomach suddenly growls, "or it's the lack of food, could be it as well. I'm gonna find something to eat, Later friendos"

(Y/n) walked to his own dorm to still hear some tinkering inside. Not thinking anything of it, he unlocks the door. Before he can step a single foot inside though, Guy barges past him, some trinkets in his arms. "Hey (Y/n), sorry no time to talk. See ya later!" (Y/n)'s eyes were slightly unfocused and he suddenly got a headache. He held his head still and walked back inside the dorm.

--{Guy's POV}—

I have finally done it! A while back Ozpin had briefed us about the maidens. While his story was strange, it wasn't exactly impossible. What intrigued me though was the lack of aura with the supposedly attacked maiden. So I did the one thing I could think of. Create a machine to support a person's soul, and thus their aura. Perhaps it could work on semblances as well, but I'll have to look into that later. I finished my gift for Yang a while back, but I just had to continue working on the machine. I'll quickly bring this to Ozpin and then I'll go see Yang. If what (Y/n) told me was right, she'll either be preparing the party or trying to get Blake to come.

Up the elevator we go, and of course Oz has this dead tune playing. Maybe I should change it sometime. Mentally noted.

The elevator dings and I walk out the doors. Behind his deck, is the man himself. The one and only wizard of Oz. "How's it going Ozzy?" I ask rather jokingly. "I've been well. It seems you have completely healed your previous wounds. That's good to see. If you don't mind me asking, to what do I owe this visit?"

I place the machine down in front of him. For the prototype it has multiple suction cups that could connect to the skin near vital organs. The suction cups are connected to wires which all lead to a triangular pad. The pad is designed to fit above the person's heart. "Well Oz, I've made something that you might find quite interesting" I state quite proudly. Ozpin looks down at my device, "Well Mr. Evans, what exactly does it do?" "While it is just a prototype, it's a support for aura" His eyes widen slightly at my statement. "are you sure it works?" He asks quickly. I close my eyes, before answering, "It worked on me. With the help of this I managed to get my aura level to 150%, but it only reached that high once. On other tries it only got to 120%"

Ozpin speaks up, "Mr. Evans, even an increase of twenty percent is revolutionary. Do you understand the usefulness this could have for future huntsmen and huntresses" I flash the man a small smile, "I do, sir. I've even looked into the possibility with semblances, but it'd need a lot of tweaks to improve those. But that's not why I'm here" Ozpin raises his brow, "Then what are you here for?" he asks. I sigh, "I remembered what you told us about Amber. Please, I want to help her. Can I have full access to her room, so I can improve the aura-booster for her?" Ozpin seems to be in thought for a moment, "You may enter the basement, but you are to, under no circumstance, test it on her without my presence. Is that clear?" "Yes Sir!"