Reggie - Dying Love 5

Comincia dall'inizio

"Reggie" his Mom sighed "I don't want you too.." she was cut off by her son

"I'm not, she's different Mom. I've never felt this way before." he told her truthfully and she could see it in his eyes.

"I found this while I was doing the laundry." she opened up the piece of paper to reveal his own bucket list.

"See the world...go to college...become a teacher. Those are some big aspirations, life won't be handed to you Reggie."

"I know I'm going to work hard at it."

"This girl had made you into the man i know you can be. I hope to meet her soon." Reggie grinned

"Of course Mom"

------

Amaya and Reggie were walking through the town when they came bast the Vixens and Bulldogs in Pops. Chuck and Cheryl shared a look with the two but they passed on.

"Obsessed much." Amaya had been quiet for most of the evening she was trying to find a right time to tell him about her illness."

"So have you thought about colleges, where you're applying?"

"I'm not going." she replied

"Oh I thought you said."

"No, you assumed that because I wanted to be a doctor I would go."

"Oh so what are you thinking on doing, gap year see the world because I know some..."

"I'm ill."

"Oh, well I'll take you home."

"No, Reggie you're not listening. I'm sick." she felt tears beginning to usher " I have Leukaemia." she told him. he let out a un real chuckle but then it disappeared seeing her serious face.

"No, no you can't you're 18."

"I've had it for years and I've stopped responding to treatments, I've been blessed with being her this long."

"Why didn't you tell me."

"The Docs said to carry on as best as i could and I was already the freak show around her, I didn't want to be put further under the microscope, people looking at me weirdly."

"So what you just let me fall in love with you knowing that you would leave me?!"

"I told you not to fall in love with me Reggie. I kept my distance from everyone, why bother when i wouldn't live long enough to do what I wanted. I was doing fine with my life and then you happened and I didn't want a reason to hate the powers that be." she cried and then ran off home.

Reggie went home he knew he needed help. He ran into his house and to his Dad who was a doctor.

"Dad you have to help her, you have to help Amaya!" he breathed heavily

"Why what's wrong."

"She has Leukaemia." he told him and his mother overheard coming into the room

"Reggie." he sighed

"Please."

"I'm not that kind of doctor and even if I was I don't have her case or her history anything that would allow me to help her."

"Then why did you become one." he sneered and ran off much to the calls of his parents. He drove around the two for what seemed like forever and it sort of was, well it was the next morning when he stood to look over Sweetwater River. Austin found him the next morning thinking along the riverside.

"Hey your Mom called me. Talk to me man."

"About."

"About you, about Amaya."

"What is there to talk about, she's the first person I ever really in with everything." he admitted and Austin slapped his back and they did their handshake.

----

The next afternoon he trie dot seek to Amaya but she wouldn't answer the door he decided to leave her be but as he was leaving mr Chambers was coming home for Lunch.

"Reggie."

"Hey, Mr Chambers." he looked back at the door he tried knocking on.

"Will you tell her I'm not going anywhere." Mr Chambers nodded to the boy who then left.

--

Later on Reggie was working on his homework when he felt someone staring he looked over and saw that it was Amaya. She made there way up onto his porch.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"No I'm sorry that I kept you out and ifI didn't..."

"You've kept me alive longer."

"Are you scared?"

"To death" she lightly joked but he didn't find it funny "Lighten up will ya" she stood even closer.

"I'm scared that I'll loose you."

"Babe, that will never happen he gave her a kiss which relayed everything that they were both feeling"

-

"Mom" he stepped into the living room where she was working and she looked up

"Will you do me a favour, will you teach me how to dance and draw?"she smiled and him and nodded over the next few weeks she taught him the basics of dancing without stepping on anyone's feet and to draw, he picked up pretty fast like he did with most things. He nod sat outside Amaya's house listening to music while he painted. She was woken up by the noise and went to see. Mr Chambers was home.

"What is that boy doing?" Amaya looked back and he saw a change in her

"My?" she dropped into his arms