Chapter 1

Max's P.O.V

It was a cool October afternoon. I lay there on my bed, just staring off into space, letting the music surround me. It was a cd that I had made. It had a bit of all my favorite bands. Falling in Reverse, Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, Sleeping With Sirens, Born of Osiris, City in the Sea, Evanescence, Killswitch Engage, VersaEmerge, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice and Men, The Cab, Escape the Fate, Skillet, and Breaking Benjamin. At the moment the song was "Smokahantas" by Attack Attack!

"Show me the way, allow me to see, 'cuz my heart is broken" I sang along under my breath. Some would call me emo, because I dress in all black, my hair was dyed black with a chunck of crimson in my bangs, I listen to metal, and I'm a lesbian. But, really, I'm just being myself. I spend a lot of time holed up in my room, because it has everything I need. Tv, video games, my alienware laptop, all my sci-fi books, and monster movies. Its good I have all this stuff to keep me busy. You aren't the most popular kid in school when your 5'9, emo, and a lesbian. Despite my looks, I'm still a freak. I have hair thats just below my shoulder blade and its original color is brown. My eyes are chestnut brown with flecks of gold and black. I have my right earlobe pierced twice, and a spider bite piercing on the right side of my lower left lip. Eventually I fall asleep with my cd player going.

                                                                         *******

The next morning at school, the block rotation was good, so I was in a good mood. I had biology first, and as usual, I sat alone. For about 2 minutes. I had heard rumors about a new girl when I was at my locker before class. The kids talking about her didn't know what grade she was in, so I didn't think she'd be in any of my classes. She was short and had naturally black hair, she dressed in all black in a plain sort of way. Just black jeans, a ufc t-shirt, and combat boots. But what caught my attention the most, wasn't the dark clothes. It was her eyes, they were a beautiful navy blue. Like the color thats is created when the night sky, meets the regular sky. Gorgeous. She looked like she could kick your ass. But when she looked at me, I melted a little. There was no way someone that adorable could kick my ass. She looked like an adorable, scared little girl. A face you couldn't help but love.

"....Is it okay if I sit here?" her voice sounded stronger than she looked, surprisingly "Be my guest" I tried to sound like I didn't care. When on the inside, I was ecstatic. "No, stop it, there is no way she rolls that way"  I mentally slapped myself while the teacher started attendance.

"Max?" she called "Here" I said in a bored tone  

"Alex?" The new girl raises her hand  ".....Here....."  Alex..... what a beautiful name... "No! Stop it!!"  I shook my head. After the teacher finished attendance, she proceeded to drop a bomb. We were doing a project, our partners and topics were already chosen. She started calling out pairs and their topics. "Max and Alex, you guys've got mono"  A bunch of people wolf whistled and wiggled their eyebrows sarcastically at us. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex turn a beautiful shade of pink, which is saying something because I hate pink. "Shut it dipshits" I hissed while glaring at them through my bangs.

                                                                           *********

When lunch came around, I sat on my little bench in the courtyard. Alone. As usual. A pair of boots came to stop beside me

"Mind if I sit here? I don't think I'm ready to brave the cafeteria just yet" My mouth was full of sandwich, so I gestured to the spot beside me. "Go ahead" I tried to sound nonchalant. She dropped her Black Veil Brides messenger bag at her feet and sat down beside me. "So" she began. I glanced sideways at her and raised an eyebrow "Not to be random, but I heard some kids talking about you at my locker" I chuckled darkly "Oh boy, and?"