Chapter 24: Stressed and depressed

Start from the beginning

"I see you've found the old shit we used to use," Chris says as he faintly smiles, sitting on the stairs.

I nodded and put the guitar on the stand and sat next to Chris. He wrapped any arm around me.

"You sound good, gorgeous, did you come up with that song?"

I nodded keeping my head down, letting the tears hit my hands, Chris lifts my chin up and stares into my eyes, wiping off the tears.

" L, why are you crying?" Chris asks in a concerned tone.

"I've just been....thinking about a lot...I'm really stressed, I guess I need a break from the world..from everything...everyone...even myself..." I responded, wiping my nose and sniffling.

Chris awed and pulled me into a hug, stroking my hair, kissing my head.

"Let's get some rest," Chris suggested. He picked me up bridal style and walked up the stairs, once we got upstairs, he passed my room and went straight for his. He lays me in his bed and lays next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Just close your eyes and relax your mind," he whispered.

I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

The next day, I spent half of the afternoon searching for jobs and apartments. Chris was already gone doing something, and I was all alone. I slid on my converses and jakcet and headed out the door. I took a nice, long walk to think things over. I bumped into a familiar face at the deck that chris and I used to go to. It was James. He was psyched to see me. We hugged and he began asking me sorts of questions.

"When did you and chris begin dating?!" he says as he smiles, drinking some soda from his cup.

"For about three months now,"

"What a great way to start off the summer haha, you guys were awesome at Warped too!"

"Thanks..."

"What's wrong?" he asks as he notices my mood.  "You seem like you're not happy at the moment,"

We sit on a bench together, I sighed shrugging my shoulders.

"Just stressed...I need a job and I'm looking for an apartment of my own...I can't say why, it's a long story.."

"My father owns a music store...maybe if you talk to him he'll give you a position in something, heh"

"Really?"

James nods his head, sipping from his straw, flipping his hair.

"I'll show you tomorrow?"

I nodded and gave him my number to contact me when needed. We continued talking.

"So, you're not officially in the band?" He askes, squinting an eye.

"No, it was onlt for warped. Ryan broke his arm and leg, so I offered to play for him. But, I've always wanted to be in a band, but because of social anxiety anf bullying...I didn't start one..."

"Me too! I play drums, and guitar, I have some friends that plays drums and bass! What can you do other than play guitar?"

"Sing and scream,"

We both smirked at each other and got the same idea. Once we noticed the sun was going down, we decided to go home. I walked home and headed for my room, chris barging in after me.

He looked pissed, his skin was red, mainly his face, he was dressed in skinny jeans, black vans, and a hockey jersey, his hair gelled back.

"Where the fuck were you?!" He basically yelled.

"I was taking a walk, and then I hung out at the deck with a friend, I needed to clear my head,"

"I fucking called and texted you all fucking day! You could've left me a note if you weren't going to answer me!"

"whoa calm down, I didn't feel my phone vibrate,"

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down!!" he says as he gets in my face, scaring me half to death.

"I had the whole fucking day planned to spend with you!! I cancelled dinner, and missed the mother fucking movie, and didn't even get to watch the sun set because you weren't here, I did all of that for you, Elizabeth!"

"I'm sorry, I-"

I paused. Chris slapped me. Hard. I could feel my face burn, my whole body froze but I managed to let out some tears. I saw his face. It went from pissed to "oh my god, what did I do?" I fell to my knees crying my eyes out, holding my face. Chris slowly kneels beside me and puts his hand on my back,

"Baby, I'm...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

I pushed him, making him fall over, and I got up running out the door, crying. Chris ran after me, calling after me, I continued to run, he soon gave up and watched me run. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, it did.