Chapter 9

As Giselle sneaked into the room, she could feel her heart beating several times faster than what was normal.

She didn't do things like this often, she was no ninja. She was clumsy and stupid and often ended up injuring herself rather than properly sneaking in and out of somewhere.

Yet this 'adventure' was crucial. She needed to get her notebook back. Giselle knew she was not brave enough to ask Jace for it, especially since he must already know what was in it.

She didn't even have the courage to talk to him anymore, asking for her notebook was a completely different level.

As she tiptoed into his room, accidentally knocking her knee against his study table, she cringed. Why wasn't she as agile as all those people in movies who easily got away with being sneaky?

As she shuffled through his books, checking his table thoroughly as quietly as she could, she realised with heightened disappointment that her notebook was not there.

"Looking for this?" Giselle heard a voice from behind her and she yelled before clamping her mouth shut.

She didn't think it was possible for her heart to start racing even faster but she realised how wrong she was when she found Jace right behind her, her notebook clutched in his hand.

He grinned at her. "You know, if you wanted it you could have always come to me and asked for it. You didn't have to sneak in in the middle of the night into my room for it. One would think you had other intentions for coming to my room," he teased, making Giselle blush like tomato.

"Uh... No. That's n-not true. I just wanted my notebook," she spluttered out.

"Hmm... Then, all you had to do was just ask for it."

"Can I have it?" she asked.

"Nope." He replied, taking a step closer to her.

"Huh? But-" She gave him a confused look that was so adorable, he resisted the urge to kiss her then and there.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" he asked her seriously.

"Huh? What-"

"I saw your notebook. Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked, looking into her eyes.

She looked away, her cheeks getting redder.

"I was scared. I wanted to tell you that day, at the bonfire, but I couldn't, not after seeing you at the lake. I decided that I would rather be your friend than tell you and lose our friendship," she confessed.

He shook his head at her, enveloping her into a hug as he settled his head on top of hers. "Oh you crazy girl, you should have told me. It would not have ruined anything, sweetheart. I love you too. I have been loving you for years already."

"What?" Giselle said, her eyes widening with surprise. "Really?"

"Of course! I love you and I'm so glad to know that you love me too!" He said, before leaning down and giving her a meaningful glance.

At her nod, he pressed their lips together for a sweet kiss, the first of alot more.

*The end*

~~~~~~~
Whoop whoop!! We have completed this story!! Yay!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you liked it! Please give me any feedback you have and don't hesitate to tell me what this story meant to you!

Have a great day! ❤❤

P.S. A piece of advice: If you ever go on the moon, don't run, don't walk, just hop!