Chapter 1

For years, he constantly protected her, looked out for her. Her happiness was the reason he smiled and every time she cried, he felt the fierce urge to protect her and destroy the reason that made her sad.

Despite loving her deeply, he always watched her from the sidelines. He wasn't meant for her, he had been warned already. After all, she was his best friend's sister and her beautiful world had no space for a tainted person like him.

He shot constant glances at her as she sat alone in one of the side table of the cafeteria, wondering where her two best friends had disappeared off to.

"What you looking at, Jace?" One of his teammates, Aaron, asked, giving him a questionable look.

Jace turned back, shaking his head. "Uh... Nothing. Where's Luke?"

Aaron grinned. "He has lunch detention for sticking Ms. Wales to her chair. The old hag deserved it, honestly," he finished, making Jace shake his head at another of his best friend's stupid decisions.

"He has been detention daily for the past two weeks. Coach is not going to be happy when he finds out and we will all pay for that," he stated, making almost half the table groan.

"Ugh, not again," Tom, another one of his football teammate, grumbled.

"Well, if someone doesn't stop Luke, Coach is going to blame us all for 'not having teamwork' or whatever and stopping him from fooling around," Aaron said wisely.

"Yea Jace, you're his best friend. You can stop him, can't you?" Tom said but the voice sounded faint to Jace as he focused back to his beautiful love, Giselle.

She looked adorable, swallowed in her oversized shirt as she slowly ate her lunch, concentrating instead the book in front of her as she jotted things down.

Jace sighed. Ever since Giselle turned ten years old, she had gotten a leather-covered notebook and since then, she had not gone to a single place without a similar notebook in her hand.

It was so hard to keep himself from ever looking through that book, to satisfy the curiosity that consumed him every time he saw it. What was she always writing in it? Did it ever mention him maybe?

"Jace, are you listening? Jace!" Aaron shouted, waving a hand in front of him.

Jace blinked, shocked. "Yeah, what?"

Giselle truly needed to stop crowding his mind. It was getting too crazy to deal with it every single day and not tell her how he felt about her.

"Are you alright? Honestly, you look really distracted? Everything fine, bro?" Aaron asked in concern.

Jace closed his eyes for a second, trying to compose himself. "Of course, everything is perfect. Don't worry," he said half-heartedly.

"If you say so. Can you talk to Luke though? Stop him from all this nonsense and tell him that if he wants to get detention that bad, he should just limit it to once a week," Aaron instructed.

Jace nodded absentmindedly. "Sure, I'll tell him."

Jace shook his head at himself. If he continued this way, his friends were going to find out the secret he had worked so hard to hide.

Biting his lips, he cursed Giselle's friends. If they had been there, he wouldn't constantly be looking at her, trying to protect her from anything bad that could have accidentally happened.

Now, he just had to find out where those blasted friends of her had gone and convince his idiotic best friend to lay low for a couple of weeks.

-----

---

So, this is a new story I came up with. It's going to be a short story, probably ten to fifteen chapters at most. I hope you all like it and please enjoy yourself reading it.