Chapter 5: Slowly Coming Together

The days went quickly by, and the more intense my heartbeats beat inside me. Uncle allowed me to go to the convention, and when everyone else was joining... kinda embarrassing. In a way, I wanted to be alone with Hanji during the event, but then... now we gotta try and dodge them.

Waiting by the entrance, I hid under the shade- and Erwin constantly makes jokes about how pale my skin is because I like the cold. But then... I saw her...

Her dark chocolate hair bounced in... a messy ponytail? Huh... but she wore some clothes that wasn't kinda normal... cosplay? I guess she is a nerd... a cute nerd...

I smiled towards her, making my way down towards her. My hand extended outwards and I felt the warm sun on my skin with my blood boiling inside. "H-Hey, Hanji..." When we came closer... I noticed she was 4 inches taller than me.

She chuckles, looking down at me. "Wow... you are a midget..."

"Shut up..." I say, playfully pushing her to the side. "Um... it's noon right now... so um... wanna get some lunch?"

Hanji laughs softly, "Sure. You know what I want?"

"Ramen?"

She winks, smiling. "Levi, you know me too well..." She chuckles as she grabbed my arm and leaned onto me. I blushed at that, feeling part of her weight on me- but the most embarrassing was when I felt those stares burning onto my back... and I knew it had to be my friends... they never leave me alone, huh?

*   *   *

"Quick question here, Levi..." I looked up to him as our food arrived. Her hazel eyes locked onto my eyes and her smile was just... breath-taking. Even her chuckles... wow... it was different than hearing it on the phone. "What would you call this... little lunch thing?"

"Um... lunch... what else do you think it was?" I began to eat the ramen, trying to figure out why she loved it. Honestly, it was good.

Hanji smirks a bit, taking a few bites from her bowl of ramen. "I mean... it's kinda like... hm... like a date..." My fork drops out of my hand as she mentions that one word. She chuckles as she held some kind of chopsticks in her hand. "I mean... you asked me out for lunch... you bought me food I love... and we're alone... is this a date?"

"U-Uh..." My face grew warm and I wanted to dig my head into the ground. "I-Is it a date?"

"I think it is..." She turned completely red with his blush. "Can you do me a favor and declare it as a date?"

I blushed more, stuttering my words as I spoke. "Y-Yes... t-this is a date..." And then, I felt a kiss on my cheek. When I looked up, she smirked a bit. "H-Hanji..."

"Heh... where are we gonna go afterwards?"

"Um... walk around in the convention? I guess?" My shoulders began to shrug when I suggested something. I thought that it would be a bit easier when Hanji and I were isolated... but thinking of it now... it's pretty hard.

*   *   *

We spent the whole day walking around the convention, talking and laughing. For once, it was the best without Erwin or everyone else following or bothering us. I had to fight the urge to take Hanji's hand the whole entire time... but thankfully I fought it off. And for dinner, well, we all hung out in Erwin's room and eating pizza. Everything felt so... lighthearted...

Going to sleep, I gripped on the bedsheets, hoping it wasn't all a dream. If everything faded to black and it was all a dream... I don't know how it would affect me. My eyes turned to lead as I slowly faded to sleep... please... let it not be a dream.