Chapter 2: Tease

"Her name is Hanji... interesting..." Her name haunted me all night and morning. When I was preparing to go to school... I could only imagine who she was and where she was. We were in the same timezone... could she be a high schooler like me? Or could she be older? Or younger? Either way... I wanted to play with her again.

*   *   *

Sitting in the cafeteria, I waited for everyone else to come by. Picking at the cafeteria food -bored as hell- I just waited... listening to the random chatter that the other people started to either shout or whisper. Some continue to spread rumor and some continue to make inside jokes.

"So!" Jumping to Erwin's voice, I turned to see everyone. Petra, Oluo, Eld, and Gunther sitting down at the table. Not too far behind, Eren was scrambling away from a girl with black hair and a boy with blonde hair. "What did I miss when I left the call last night? If I recall... you were left with Hannah, am I right?"

Crap... should I tell them about her real name? If she didn't say anything when we were all in call and ready to leave... I guess she didn't want to tell. "Yeah... Hannah..." I scoffed, growing warm as I heard her real name echoed in my head.

"Was everything good? Like... nothing else?" Erwin rose his eyebrow with interest. "Talking alone with a girl-"

"Erwin, get off my case." I say, pushing him away. "We just said goodnight and that's practically it. I don't get on your case with Mari-"

His fist then slammed onto the cafeteria table and smirked. "Hey Levi, stop talking about her. Got it? You, on the other hand, I can definitely mess with because of Hannah. Ever since you added her to the server... you two gotten pretty close in-game."

I rolled my eyes, pushing him away. "Come on, I can't know the new person? Like jeez..."

Petra smiled softly, "I agree with Levi. She's a really good player. I like her so far. Oh! Is she coming tonight, Levi? I forgot to ask her before I went to sleep."

"Yeah, she'll be on tonight."

"Nice! I can't wait for tonight. I messaged her earlier about a small girls only project between us. And we're keeping it as a secret from you boys. After all, it did seem like a boy's club here." She chuckles softly. 

"Message... by private messages?" I asked her, confused.

She nods, "Yeah. You thought I messaged her in a different way?" She chuckles softly as she watches me. "Oh Levi... I think this time, Erwin is right..."

"Petra!" Everyone continued to laugh towards me. "Humiliation, guys, humiliation." I say, shaking my head. "Great job."

Eld grinned a bit. "So um... a little thing between this Hannah and Levi? I ship it."

My hands quickly grabbed some trash at the table and I threw it, right in the center of his forehead. "Come on. Stop it. I'll kill you in-game- no mercy."

"Bring it on, shorty." He retaliates, tossing his tray into the trash and escapes into the crowd.

I groaned in defeat as he escaped. "I'll show him..."

The remaining people laughed and began to walk back to their classes with me being left alone with Petra. She slowly composes herself and looks up to me. "Hey, honestly... do you like that Hannah person? I'm not gonna tease you for that... I'm just... wanting to know-"

"If I would ask her or you out?" I rose an eyebrow as she brought that up. "Petra, I know you like me and I know you want me to ask you... I'm not... you know, sorry... I don't like you in that way..." Even saying it made it worse. She was one of the only people I knew who kinda understood me... and I felt I ruined it by putting her down like that.