Chapter Eight (Enough)

"Again?" Freddy huffed, crossing his arms as he peeked out of the Parts/Service room.

"Is the new guy not wearing his costume again?" Bonnie wondered.

"What's wrong with it? It's not like it's going to kill you," Freddy complained.

"Arr, I can talk to 'im later tonight if ye'd like me to," Foxy suggested.

"What's talking to him going to do?" Freddy huffed.

"Lad, let me try."

"You can try."

‏‏‎
Foxy walked into the room, grumbling to himself. He closed the door. Freddy stood up.

"What'd he say?" Freddy wondered.

"Blasted kid flashed a darned light in me eye! I didn't get the chance to talk to 'im!" Foxy complained.

"How rude," Bonnie grunted.

"Yeah," Chica agreed.

"Is he trying to play the same game Mike tried?" Freddy crossed his arms, humming.

"Maybe. I'll try talkin' to 'im again."

Just then, a loud chime rung throughout the building. A couple seconds later, they heard someone sprint past the door. Freddy glanced outside, where the employee was running madly for the front doors.

"What was that about?" Chica wondered, looking over Freddy's shoulder.

"I'm not sure," Freddy mumbled, watching the employee's vehicle leave the parking lot.

Balloon Boy poked his head around the corner at the end of the hall. Freddy gestured for Foxy, and he slowly stood up. He walked over and looked out, to see Balloon Boy. He smiled and waved to him.

"Hello!" Balloon Boy laughed, smiling as he scampered towards him.

"Ahoy, lad," Foxy chuckled, walking past Freddy and Chica.

‏‏‎
"So, what was wrong with the night guard?" Freddy asked, sitting on the stage like he did before; the rest sat in their usual places as well.

"What about him?" Toy Bonnie questioned, tilting his head.

"Um, he sprinted out of here and left as soon as that bell chimed," Freddy answered, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, his shift was over," Toy Freddy pointed out.

Although Freddy wasn't sure, he nodded. "I guess so."

"He probably saw Bonnie," Toy Bonnie sneered.

"What?" Bonnie snapped.

"Well, you have no face. You probably scared him off," Toy Bonnie explained.

"No, I got it."

"Good . . . Did you get it?"

Bonnie growled, and Toy Bonnie snickered. Toy Freddy chuckled. They went silent, allowing them to eavesdrop on Foxy and Balloon Boy.

"Ye don't have yer own stage?" Foxy wondered, and Balloon Boy slowly shook his head. "That doesn't seem fair."

"Hello?" Balloon Boy spoke.

"Aye, I used to perform skits fer the kids, tellin' them the journeys I've been on, crossin' the seas. Although, I only got to perform a few times a day, since I was just a sideshow."

"Hi," Balloon Boy chuckled.

"I guess so!" Foxy laughed.

"What is he saying?" Freddy scratched his head.

"Who?" Toy Bonnie looked over.

"Balloon Boy."

"Did you not hear him?" Toy Bonnie raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he just said 'Hello' and 'Hi.' "

"Oh, you can't understand him," Toy Freddy chuckled.

"Wha- How- . . . Okay, then." Freddy sighed.

Something hit Bonnie in the chest, and he looked down. "What was that?"

"What was what?" Toy Bonnie snickered.

Something hit him again, and he looked up. Toy Bonnie pulled back on a rubber band that was wrapped around his finger. He closed an eye, and then released it, shooting it at Bonnie.

"That's it!" Bonnie barked, standing up.

"Oh, No Face's had enough!" Toy Bonnie laughed, standing up and backing up.

"Bonnie, no!" Freddy grabbed his arm and held him back.

Bonnie glanced between Freddy and Toy Bonnie. He jerked his arm back, growling. He stomped out of the room as Toy Bonnie chuckled. Freddy grunted, glaring at him. He followed after him, into the Parts/Service room.

Bonnie opened the door, not bothering to close it, since he could hear Freddy following him. He turned around and stepped back into the wall, sliding down to sit against it. Freddy shut the door and slowly approached him.

"Sorry, Bonnie. I just don't want you to fight." Freddy sat next to him.

"Why not? That wannabe nimrod should get what's coming for him," Bonnie griped.

"I don't want you to get hurt," Freddy replied.

"You don't think I can handle him?" Bonnie huffed.

"Well, I'm not saying you couldn't. You're just in bad enough shape as it is, that I don't think it'd take much to hurt you. If you were in good condition, then you could totally handle him. But you're not," Freddy explained, looking over to Bonnie sincerely.

Bonnie grumbled, looking away. Freddy held Bonnie's hand. He looked down at his hand. Freddy quickly released it and pulled his hand back.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Freddy blurted.

Freddy turned his head bashfully. Bonnie gently grabbed his hand and tangled his fingers between Freddy's. Freddy's eyes widened as he hummed in surprise. He glanced over to Bonnie, who remained faced ahead. Freddy smiled softly, resting his head on Bonnie's shoulder.