Chapter 9- Aint This Bout A B*tch

Start from the beginning

"Kadeejah," he breathed out.

"Deuce."

He looked over my face and then to my arm where my bandage was covering the ugly ass scar underneath. "I-I heard what happened. How you been?"

"How have I been," I snorted looking around a little before looking back to him. "What does it matter to you bruh?"

"Man Kadeejah don't do this. A nigga ain't trynna do shit to you, I just wanted to see what was up."

"The sky." I mumbled before turning back around and heading back up the side walk.

To no avail that didn't shake Deuce, and he was still right on my heels. I don't get what this dude doesn't get, I'm over him, everything from the funeral I'm good on. He's weird, the bitches he deal with are weird and I see if I play his games I'm never gone be able to change like I came down here to do. Even though I know that, there's still something in the back of my head that doesn't shake how he had me all open so fast within meeting him.That never happens for me and he had me wide open, because we clicked, but I can't look past making me look like no clown in front of hundreds of people. Lord knows how many other bitches was there who are fucking with him, who were laughing out of sight meanwhile I sat there comforting niggas.

"Kadeejah you gone be like this forever?" He asked as he finally caught up to me. "I told you I don't have any hoes and I don't. Kaliya popped up on bullshit man. I hadn't been fucking with her when she came around. She just wanted to get a rise out of both of us." 

"That ain't the point, you clowned me. I don't need that shit."

He grabbed my arm already putting me in defense but I loosened up just a bit once I turned to look at his pretty ass eyes. "You don't, that's why I apologize that you even had to be put in that position. It wasn't intentional and I want us to start over."

"For what Deuce? You clearly got old shit you need to cut off."

"No— damn it Kadeejah why are you so stubborn?" He laughed.

I rolled my eyes still standing there when my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I pulled it out to see Kevin's name on the screen with a message from him wondering where I was. I huffed, and put the phone up remembering about the dinner and how Deuce was gonna make me late.

"Look," I began, "I gotta go."

"Come on, let me at least take you where you gotta get to. We can start all this shit over. Please, K?" He begged.

Looking at him begging for me to just drop everything and hearing his apology made me feel like it was sincere enough and worth giving a chance. I mean at this rate walking the rest of the way home would have me super late so I might as well take the ride while it's there. Instead of saying anything I headed down the side walk to where I seen his car was parked. I feel stupid for falling for it but in the same sense it's just a ride, and that's all it's gonna be. I'm trynna come down here to do good, and clearly he ain't gone be that for me. He got too many chicken heads flocking around him, and all that is gonna do is have back where I first started. 

I pulled the door handle to his truck, and hopped in; setting my bag in between my legs while he got in. I could see the smirk on his face, and it made me roll my eyes. He thinkin' he won when it's me who won I get the free ride, and don't gotta talk to him if I don't feel like it. 

"So you really not gone talk to me?" He asked outta nowhere as we had been riding in silence for the past couple minutes.I glanced at him, and then straight ahead hearing him let out a low laugh like the one from earlier. "You are so difficult."

"You think that's the first time i've heard that?"

"Naw I don't, and I wasn't trynna say it like a bad thing.  It's good to be difficult sometimes." He admitted. Another silence fell between us until we turned onto my street. "Listen Kadeejah, I like you and before you say I don't know you just know that I like what I know about you so far. You difficult, and I like that. I like that you not open for anyone, and I do respect you contrary to what you think. I wouldn't do you bogus, and when I heard you got hit that day I was fucked up about it so that lets me know that I do got feelings for you."

We pulled into my driveway, and I could see the extra cars from Kevin, and his parents. I know I was worried about being late, but the mouthful Deuce just gave me I couldn't ignore. "You keep trynna explain yourself, and just saying shit. You think I give a fuck about words Deuce. I don't, show me something! Show me you 'bout that, and if you not leave me alone. I came down here to do good, let me do that don't put me in no position where I'm gonna back track."

"I get--"

"And another thing, you don't gotta tell me you felt a way when I got shot, because if you did you would've showed up. My family was on the first plane out to see me. You live around the way."

"It's not that simple Kadeejah. I found out way after the fact."

"Whatever Deuce, I'll holla." I stated before trynna open the car door. 

Before I could get far he grabbed my arm to get me to stay. Just like earlier I didn't yank away, just stayed to hear what he had to say. "Kadeejah listen, I. Like. You. You told me you wanted to see me do something give me a chance. A real chance. You can't act like there ain't shit there. Yea we started off on the wrong foot sometime's, and we both stubborn and head strong but that's why we work because even through all that we trying. Well shit, I am and I believe you are too or you would've been gotten out this car." 

He smiled lightly at me, and as much as I didn't want to let him be right I couldn't help the smirk on my face. He smiled wide seeing me lighten up, and as much as I felt like I'd regret giving him a chance I knew I needed to. He's right, it's something about him. Don't know what but something I wanna see about. I won't give him another chance to play me for a fool if this time goes left, but i'll try. I'm trynna change, and respecting the fact that sometimes people make mistakes is one step, plus he ain't half bad overall.

After I didn't say anything he leaned forward just a good two inches from my face, and then kissed my right cheek. "Have a goodnight Kadeejah."

"Goodbye Deuce." 

I hopped out of the car, and leaned back in to grab my bag before giving a slight wave and closing the door. Once my face was out of his view I couldn't help the smile that came on my face. It didn't last though because once I looked up I caught site of Kevin standing in the driveway doorway looking like he was waiting on me. I let the smile leave, and met him at the doorway. He looked a bit, sad I guess. Like he wanted to say something but didn't.

"You good?" I questioned. 

He nodded before glancing back at Deuce's car as it left out the driveway. "Yea I'm good, just wanted to come grab the door for you."

"Oh, well come on fool." 

--------------

A looooonnnggg overdue update! I'll definitely try to get the next one out in the next few days now that I got all this time on my hands! I hope y'all holding up well if y'all in the states severely affected by Corona, messages are always open to vent if y'all aren't doing too hot locked up in the house. 

BeautyAndTheBrain