SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2

Start from the beginning

Yes, he was now in a room, one that vaguely resembled a prison cell. A room that he had once visited... the hub of his former adventure.

And the man sitting behind the wooden desk was the one who had guided him all throughout his adventure.

No. His rehabilitation.

"Ah!" started the long-nosed old man. "It seems you've finally regained yourself... my former guest, Ren Amamiya."

The youth, who had just been addressed as 'Ren Amamiya', spoke. "Igor... What... am I doing in this place...?"

Just then, another figure had piped up near the man Ren had addressed as 'Igor'. She was a short young woman of dignified stature, swathed in a blue uniform and a head of blond hair. She was someone Ren had known, and she was a comfort to the eyes much like his other confidants.

"Welcome back, my Trickster," Lavenza started. "It's been long."

To this, Ren only gave a small smile, one that let Lavenza know that he was happy to be graced by her presence once again.

But that smile soon faded as Lavenza's own smile dropped, hinting that she was thinking of something serious...

Ren then turned to Igor, whose fingers were dancing on the table as he eyed his former guest. "Tell me, Igor," he began. "What am I doing here? Why am I here? The Metaverse is gone. I defeated the god of control, and the world is safe. So why?"

Igor gave a light chuckle. "Yes, that is true," he replied. "You have proven yourself via finishing your rehabilitation, and saving your world. However... it appears the Fates do not wish for your trial to finish just yet."

"What do you mean?" asked Ren. Igor had always been one for riddles and playful wording, but this one in particular genuinely puzzled him.

"The Master means," Lavenza started, with a look on her face that bore gentleness at the face of urgency, "that there has been an unexplained event that has been throwing the multiverse itself into disarray. An event... that involves bringing two warriors from differing worlds together, to host some wicked tournament that involves them fighting to the death."

Ren turned to Igor, who simply motioned for Lavenza to continue.

The attendant cleared her throat. "The last battle that took place shook and destroyed an entire multiverse... Though that multiverse was reset, the memory of that titanic battle still remains, somewhere. The Master is one of the few people to retain it in his mind."

"Battles? That threaten the multiverse?" questioned Ren. "And just what do I have to do with any of this?"

Lavenza's expression turned serious, as she looked into Ren's eyes. "Very well... But I hope you like long stories..."

****

Cafe Leblanc, the following day...

(Cue Beneath the Mask -Rainy Mood- - Persona 5 OST)

"...people fighting to the death? Like, for real?"

As soon as Ren had brought up his encounter with Igor and Lavenza in the Velvet Room - the one where he had been told about individuals from differing worlds being forced to fight to the death - he had been met with several questions from his peers. They were concerned for his well-being, yes, and Ren knew that if he was going to bring this matter up to anyone, they would be the first ones to know.

DEATH BATTLEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara