Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BlazBlue vs. Arcana Heart! It's anime game fight time! Will Kamui cash in on Ragna's bounty, or will the Bloodedge reap the Arcana Maiden's soul?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: The anime fighting game. This genre has spawned beautiful fights and interesting characters...

Boomstick: But hey, if you're an anime fighting game character and you can wreck someone's soul, that makes you twice as interesting! Like Ragna, the Bloodedge.

Wiz: And Kamui Tokinomiya, the Thousand Years Protector.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE

Wiz: Nearly a hundred years ago, a fearsome Black Beast decimated half of humankind. Fortunately, six brave heroes were able to defeat the monster and save humanity's remnants. What remained of the world fell under the hands of an oppressive regime...

Boomstick: Until a dude with ridiculous hair and many belts decided to rise up. Enter Ragna the Bloodedge. Daa daa daa daa daaaaaaaaa!

Wiz: In his childhood, Ragna and his two younger siblings were confined in a laboratory as, well...lab rats. Fortunately, they were rescued by this talking cat ninja...thing...

Boomstick: ...who just happens to be the most feared warrior in the world! Buuuut Ragna's sister Saya got sick and Ragna decided to take care of her from then on. Then his brother Jin grew jealous and was like, "Hey, you know what'd make my brother spend more time with me? By murdering the sh*t out of him!"

Wiz: Assisted by one Yuki Terumi, Jin impaled Ragna through the chest, and chopped off his right arm for good measure. As to why and how this happened...no one knows.

Boomstick: Buuuut because HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER, FOR GOD'S SAKES, Ragna didn't die. He was saved by this vampire girl who gave him a new arm. As to why and how this happened...no one knows.

Wiz: This new arm is actually the Azure Grimoire, a piece of the Black Beast which allows Ragna to manipulate seithr, a form of energy left behind by the Black Beast and scattered around the world.

Boomstick: This is sounding suspiciously like Soul Edge.

Wiz: Except...it's not.

Boomstick: But it's kinda like Soul Edge when you think about it. I mean, come on. Evil demon? Shards scattered around the globe?

Wiz: Well...sure.

Boomstick: Well, after missing out on the savage maiming of Ragna, Jubei the talking cat decided to come back to train Ragna in the art of combat. But as to where he was beforehand and why...no one knows.

Wiz: During the course of his training, Ragna mastered his control over seithr, which was practically unmatched. With it he can form razor-sharp claws, form parts of the Black Beast, and whittle away at his opponent's soul. In addition, Ragna's Drive, Soul Eater, allows him to gain sustenance from the souls he drains. Basically like a vampire, but with souls.

Boomstick: Jubei also gave Ragna a red cloak and a huge-ass sword called the Blood Scythe. Oh, and before you point out that it's a sword and not a scythe...it can turn into a scythe.

Wiz: The Blood Scythe can extend for stabbing, and slowly drain the opponent's soul. While in scythe mode, this blade can use seithr to increase the power of its blows.