SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE: If you haven't yet, I highly recommend that you read Part 1 of this fight first, in the previous chapter.

****

Previously, on Part 1...

Ren's eyes suddenly widened, as the clock tower's debris dispersed in a violent burst of light. He crossed his arms before him to prevent himself from being blinded, and being struck by debris. And as the light cleared... Ren Amamiya could not believe what he was seeing.

It was Noctis Lucis Caelum--and he was well and alive. Only... he was slightly different.

It appeared that the prince of Lucis had undergone aging. His eyes were more stern, his hair was more refined, and he had grown facial hair. What was more, the blade that was in his hand was not the Engine Blade anymore, but the Sword of the Father--in its full glory.

Noctis Lucis Caelum had reawakened the power of the Lucian bloodline within him.

"Things won't end here, Ren Amamiya," Noctis declared. "I walked tall once... I'll do it again, even if it kills me."

Ren gripped on his knife. "It seems you're not ready to stand down just yet," he said. "But don't you worry about a thing--I'm not about to give up the ghost, either."

"That's more like it," Noctis declared, as he aimed the Sword of the Father at Joker. "If you surrender, you might as well draw your final breath. Come, Phantom Thief! The King challenges you to a final dance--at your full strength!"

Joker bowed, in full respect for his foe. "As you wish, Your Eternal Majesty."

Ren then smirked, as a new mask made itself manifest on his face in a blaze of blue. It seemed that his fight would not end here. If he was going to finish his quest, he would have to fight... to walk tall, as his foe did. As a new fire alit in his eyes, Ren Amamiya ripped off his mask, a blaze of bright blue consuming him as he cried out,

"Persona!"

****

Now...

(cue Rivers in the Desert - Persona 5 OST)

The new figure that appeared beside Ren was a tall, imposing angelic figure, its skin made out of a metallic sheen and its visage bearing absolute authority that could only be seen in the heavens themselves, staring down the newly-aged Noctis with an intimidating glare.

Ren had summoned Metatron, the Voice of God.

However, instead of being intimidated by this new angelic figure, Noctis only gave out a small smirk of determination, gripping the hilt of the Sword of the Father and holding it aloft at his opponent.