chapter 37

It has been a couple days after Heath gave me that surprising news. He hasn't mentioned it or anything. Kinda odd.

Right now, I'm getting ready to tell everyone the news I received about a week ago.

It still pains me to think about. Im not ready to leave this world. There's still so much I want to do. I regret ever getting into that pool. I regret ever drinking. I regret ever going to that fucking party.

I don't think I would be so depressed about it if I knew there was a chance I could get a new kidney. But I know there isn't.

I text the group chat telling them all to come to my house at 3. It's about 2:30 now. That's when my phone lights up with a notification.

Ethan: hey, I haven't talked to you in a while. I was just wondering if you wanted to film a video soon. It was Grays idea.

Me: yeah, I'm down for that. Anytime after like 4-4:30 I'm free. But I have some news first.....

Ethan: are you pregnant?!

Me: no!

Ethan: thank God. That would crush gray.

Me: ?
Read at 2:33 pm

Okay....

There was a knock on the door as I set my phone on the counter.

I went to open it and saw David, Scott, Zane, Todd, Heath, Kristen, Gabbie, and Corrina.

"You made it!" I said as I opened the door wider.

They all laughed and came in. Heath hugged me a little tighter than usual, and sat down with everyone else.

Everyone filled the couches and chairs. I grabbed a stool from the island, and set it in front of the t.v., in front of them all.

"So, I have brought you here today, to tell you some bad news." I fiddled with my hands and paused.

"You gonna tell us?" Scott asked.

"I was getting there." I laughed. "So a couple days ago, I-I went to the doctors office because I wasn't feeling so well. I had really bad pain in my lower stomach, and some other symptoms of a disease that I have...."

Well that didn't come out the way I had hoped. 

Everyone's eyes went wide.

"W-What do you mean-n?" David asked.

"I have a liver cancer. Because of my drinking." I cried. Heath got up off the chair, and put my head in his chest.

"I can't believe this." Zane said as he got up and walked out of the house.

"I'll go get him." Scott said as he too, walked out of the house.

I opened my eyes and saw that Kristen was sitting there, emotionless. Corrina was crying into Todd's chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I said.

I sat down next to Kristen and hugged her.

"How long do you have?" She asked.

I shook my head. "The treatment is very expensive. I can't afford it. The doctor said I'm expecting 3-6 months."

Kristen cried as I told her my life expectancy. Wow. LiVe eXpEcTanCy. I hate those words.

Kristen released from the hug and stood up.

"I think I'm gonna go home. I have alot of processing to do." She joked. I laughed and hugged her goodbye.