[29]: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

thank you so much for all the love and support on this book 😇💕| reads: 112k

hope you guys enjoy the chapter⚡️

don't forget to v o t e ! it takes 0.00001 seconds :)

Maybe I was being a tad bit dramatic in staying at Olivia's another night, but it was a good excuse to spend time with her

Maybe I was being a tad bit dramatic in staying at Olivia's another night, but it was a good excuse to spend time with her. I highly doubt my family even noticed I was gone. My mother stopped calling, and I'd only talked to Henry at school.

"You should come back home, Charlotte," He said as we walked through the cafeteria line.

"You mean I'm actually missed?" I asked sarcastically, picking out a fresh apple from the pile.

"You didn't hear the whole story," He said. "Dad was mugged."

"He was mugged?" I asked skeptically. He nodded.

"If you weren't so busy thinking about yourself you could've stuck around a little while longer," He snapped back.

"Okay, what happened to the cool Henry? Why are you attacking me all of a sudden?!" I asked suddenly.

"I don't mean to- I just... I'm sorry. Just give dad a chance," He apologized.

"Alright, alright. I'll come home after school," I gave in.

As stubborn as I pretended to be, this was exactly the answer I was waiting for. This proved that my dad didn't intentionally leave me stranded again, and that he could have good intentions in being here.

I left Henry behind, but he still ended up following after me to the lunch table. Surprisingly and sadly, the off-brand breakfast club was still intact. I sat in between Olivia and Brett while Henry, Jayden, and Harmony sat on the opposite side of the table. I hadn't told Brett that Olivia and I were friends again, or more than friends for that matter, so he sat confused as we carried on a conversation. I still hadn't ended our fake relationship yet either, so as far as everyone else at the table knew, Brett and I were two peas in a pod.

Despite our attempts, we were nowhere near the couple we used to be. Brett and Olivia weren't at each other's throats and Brett and I weren't as affectionate as usual.

"So, I was thinking we could go to the mall after school to pick out some outfits for my party," Harmony suggested. She received a nod from almost everyone, even Henry.

"Actually, I won't be able to make it. I have to talk to my dad about something," I said apologetically.

"You're talking to your dad again?" Olivia questioned, causing an eyebrow raise from Brett who was still clueless about us talking again.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said.

"We can go later if you want?" Brett suggested despite Harmony's wishes.