36. ѕσℓυтισи

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling, Ash?" Blake asked me softly. I shrugged a little.

"I don't really feel that great right now, to be completely honest." I said, and he nodded a bit. He sighed and reached out and grabbed my hand. I watched as he laced our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand.

"Doctor said earlier after you fell asleep that if everything continues going so well, you'll be going home soon." He said softly, running his thumb over the back of my hand. I nodded excitedly, making me gasp and immediately reach up to touch my neck. It hurt really bad to move it in that direction and I was a little nervous to see that it actually hurt that bad. I mean, I knew that there was a gash there that'd been sown together but honestly... ow. "Be careful, you'll pull your stitches out." Blake said, and I winced.

"That's possible?!" I demanded, jerking upright and covering the stitches with my hand. He nodded and stood up, walking around the bed to grab the hand that was covering my stitches. He laced our fingers together and smiled softly.

"It's okay, as long as you be careful, and don't touch them they will be okay. And even if they do get torn, it is simple to get them restitched." He said.

"I don't want to have it restitched," I complained, just as the lady who brought my meals to me walked in.

She raised an eyebrow and shook her head. "Did you tear your stitches out?" She asked, looking mildly alarmed.

"No," Blake said and looked at her. "He just doesn't want to be still." He said, and she nodded.

"It's a little uncomfortable, isn't it?" She asked me as she laid my tray in front of me. I nodded and pouted a bit looking up at Blake with what I would consider begging eyes. I really wanted him to get me some apple juice from the vending machine. "Enjoy your food, I'll see you at lunch." She said kindly, a smile on her face. I smiled back and waved a little bit. Once she was out the door I immediately turned my eyes back to Blake, and began begging again with my eyes. He sighed deeply and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Ashton?" He asked, and while he was obviously trying to keep from showing it, but I knew from the tone in his voice that he would do whatever I asked him to after he said it.

"Apple Juice?" I asked, and he sighed deeply.

"I'll be back. Behave." He insisted. I nodded and smirked as he walked out of the room, shutting the door lightly behind him.

I found myself embraced by silence as the television had been long since muted, probably only left on to provide some light in the room at night. While I was happy to have a moment to myself, it seemed like my mind wouldn't quit racing. I was worried about what was going on with the stitches because she said that they were warm... they shouldn't be warm, right? That is a sign of infection.

I also was fighting with thoughts about my father and mother, and the betrayal I was feeling from them basically abandoning me. I felt so alone in the empty room and, the only person who really seemed to fill the void my parents left me with was Blake. I hated to rely on someone as much as I do him but honestly... without him I would just be another homeless gay teen on the street and I was immensely lucky that he gave a half a shit about me.

I was lucky. But it left me feeling empty to know that if I hadn't have met him, I would be completely alone, homeless, and probably starving. Without him, really, where would I be now? Alone. Homeless, or abused. Starving, more than likely. Unsafe, definitely. I couldn't help but feel really bad about all the people like me that weren't lucky enough to have had a Blake. He was my savior, but who's going to be everyone else's savior?