I had noticed she was up there for a good while, so I decided to see what she was up to. When I reached my doorway I saw her look at my vanity. She picked up my polaroid camera, admiring it. “They’re cool, aren’t they?” I asked, emerging from the doorway.

She turned to me, smiling,”Yeah, they are.” I walked closer, taking it from her. “Here.” I hooked my arm around her neck, smiling at the camera. I snapped a quick photo. The snapshot dispensed quickly, producing a satisfying sound.

“Now we wait.” I sat the camera on top of the photo. I sat back on the vanity,”You can pick whatever you want, I don’t mind.” I motioned to the closet. She waltzed over, picking out joggers and a crop top.

She smiled at me, then slipped her shirt off to change.

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at her back. I turned, straightening up my desk. When she was finished changing I turned back.

"So um...what do you want to do?" I asked, clearing my throat. "Uh-movie..." She laughed. "Right, right." I laughed back, embarrassed. We headed downstairs, talking about some class we hated.

"Okay, we have Pretty In Pink

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Nightmare on Elm Street

Psycho

The Birds

Vertigo

Alien

Apocalypse Now

Princess Bride

Sixteen Candles-"

"Sixteen Candles!" She plopped on the couch. "Sixteen Candles it is." I smiled, pulling the movie from the shelf. I went to the kitchen, grabbing the snacks and drinks. She had put the movie in and waited for me to start it.

I sat next to her on the couch as she pressed play.

Bev leaned on my shoulder halfway through the movie, causing my heart to start pounding out of my chest. I looked over at her, smiling. I turned back to the TV, smile still plastered to my face.

When the end of the movie loomed around, she had fallen asleep and drifted to my lap. I didn't want to move and disrupt her sleep, so I stayed put.

After what seemed like five seconds, but was more like five minutes, I felt my thigh start to itch. I scrunched my face in discomfort. I moved as slowly as I could, but woke her up.

She rubbed her eyes groggily,"Oh wow, how long was I out?" She moved away from me, stretching. I shrugged. "Not long, I guess." "Can I use your bathroom?" "Yeah, it's the third door to the left upstairs." She nodded, standing.

Something's happening
Happening to me
My friends say I'm acting peculiarly
C'mon baby
We better make a start
You better make it soon before you break my heart
Oh I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh I
I want to be with you everywhere

The words rang through my head once more. Wow... I'm in love with this girl...

--

After she came back from the bathroom I kept my distance. It was weird... this fixation was weird

Sure, she was pretty and-and smart... and cooler and more fun than any guy I've ever met, but it was still weird.

After Princess Bride ended she turned to me. I was a mile away physically and mentally.

"Are you okay?" She laughed, noticing how nervous I looked.

If I looked nervous, I was ten times as inside!

"Oh-uh-I'm fine..." I nervously laughed, rubbing my hands together uncomfortably.

"Uh-okay..." She laughed again.

--

We made our way upstairs, my anxiety peaking as she led the way.

I tried not to, but my eyes were drawn to her ass...

What the fuck???

"Wanna play truth or dare?" She asked, her voice a blast of ice on a hot day.

My eyes shifted from hers, then back. "I-I think I'd rather just try to sleep. It's uh-getting late!"

She slumped her shoulders forward, exhaling defeatedly.

"Hun, what's wrong?" She asked warmly.

“Beverly, I’m gay!” I cried into her shirt. "And-and I have a crush on you!" I cried once more.

Her eyes widened slightly, making me nervous.

She then looked into my eyes, her icy irises filling me with empty warmth.

Gently grabbing the nape of my neck, she pressed her lips into mine. Her lips were soft and inviting, like I could grow flowers between the two rosey pods.

When she pulled away, she smiled.