The bus drops me off outside the hospital. The driver gives a slight nod as I get off into the windy parking lot. I walk inside the stale smelling building and tell the receptionist where I'm visiting and see if there's any news. There isn't.

I take the elevator up to his room and take my seat next to his bed. I take my calculus book out of my school bag and start working on the minimal homework I've been assigned. The teachers have been very kind and understanding of the position I'm in.

"Virgil...I need you to make it through this..."

"21+6x=3x+54" Virgil asks. It's seventh grade and we've been doing homework and studying in the treehouse.

"x=11" I take a bite out of my sandwich. "Square root of 81."

"Nine." Virgil scratches at his arms, drawing small drops of blood.

"Virgil...you're scratching again." He looks down and drops his arms. I take some bandages and cream out of my school bag, rubbing the cream up Virgil's arms before wrapping them in the bandages. "You have this. Try not to worry too much."

"S-sorry," he turns his head away and blushes. He's been doing that a lot lately.

Virgil was just diagnosed with anxiety and it's taken a toll on him. He's even more anxious than before, feeling like an outsider no matter how many people also deal with this. It's also helped him soothe his mind now that he has a name for his feelings. It's all very confusing.

"Don't apologize, you can't control that," I rub my hand on his upper arm. He becomes hyper aware of the touch, his face turning a shade darker in terms of redness.

"I wish I realized sooner Virgil. Y-you don't deserve...this," I mumble, looking over the collection of wires and monitors.

I walk into the familiar room after fiddling with the doorknob. I'm hit with the overwhelming smell of blood and the sight of Virgil's scrawny and pale body lying on the bed. I run over as my heart begins to race. Virgil looks at me through lidded eyes with a lucid smile. I hold onto his hand and scream out for help. Virgil closes his eyes and goes limp. I scream louder than before, my voice cracking and coming out shaky.

"Roman wh-" Virgil's mother rushes in and I can see the instant look of remorse and fear as she calls for an ambulance.

I shake my head to get rid of the recent, pain filled memory. I wipe the tears out of my eyes and go back to my work, trying to distract myself.

I start humming to myself as I work.

'I'm headin' straight for the castle.'

"Roman."

'They're gonna make me their queen.'

"Stop."

'And there's and old man sitting on a throne that's saying that I prob'ly shouldn't be so mean.'

"Uuuuugh," Virgil flops back onto the bed.

'Headin' straight for the castle.'

"You're so annoying," Virgil groans. I see the blush on his face though, and try to push for more.

"You're face is so pink Virge, are you hiding something?" I sit on the bed next to him.

"W-What? No! Nothing!" He looks away from me and tries to hide his face.

"Are you sure?" I scoot closer to him.

"Postive," he mumbles into his hands.

I lean over him, smiling. "I think you are!" I drag out the last word in a taunting tone.

"Stooooop!"

I get on top of him and lean down slowly, "I."

"Think."

"You."

"Like..." I'm next to his ear now.

"My singing," I whisper. I climb off of him and hold my stomach while I laugh.

Virgil mumbles but I don't push him to be louder, knowing it'll only make him anxious.

"Dummy," I laugh.