Prologue

I pour my milk into my bowl of cereal. My phone starts ringing. I put the milk down. It's my sister Gabriella. I answer it.

"Hey, Gabriella. What's up." I get up and I grab a spoon from the drawers where all the silverware is. I sit back down and I start eating my cereal. My dog Rufus comes running in and sits right next to my leg. I scratch the back of Rufus' ear. He yawns.

"Did you already book a flight to go to Columbus, Ohio?"

"Yes."

"Okay good. I can't wait until you get home." I laugh.

"Me too. I really miss you."

"I really miss you too."

"So when do you leave?"

"Tomorrow the plane leaves at 5:20 A.M so I have to wake up really early. I should be in Ohio at like 1:57 P.M. I don't really know since it could change but I'll call you when I get on the plane and when I get off the plane.

"Sorry, we won't be able to pick you up from the airport."

"It's okay."

"It's just tha-." I cut her off.

"I understand Grabriella. You guys are preparing the rooms and the house for us and you won't be able to pick me up. No need to explain or apologize." She laughs. I start to finish my cereal.

"If you say so." She doesn't sound too convincing.

"I'm serious Gabriella. Don't worry. I'm not mad. And plus I can just take uber so it doesn't matter." She signs.

"Okay fine." I smile.

"Now cheer up. You get to see me. It's been what like so many months?" She laughs.

"Yeah. Way too long. I have so much to tell you when you get here." I start to smile.

"Oh really? Is it good?"

"Yes."

"It better be." She laughs.

"When will Leo be here?"

"I called him and he said he will be here the day after you get here."

"Okay."

"Why don't you just talk to him yourself?"

"Because he hates me after what I did?" She sighs.

"You guys need to make up." She sighs.

"Tell him that. I've been trying for weeks. He's been ignoring me and I think he blocked me on everything." He's really pissed at me.

"You guys better makeup before the wedding. I can't have any negativity happening during this special moment." I sigh.

I start to mumble. "Yeah, I know."

"Good. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay bye." She hangs up and I set my phone on the table. I get up and I pour the milk out of the bowl and I rinse everything and put it in the sink. Rufus follows me. I grab my phone and I go upstairs and into my room. I toss my phone on my bed and Rufus jumps on my bed. He lays down. I head into my bathroom. I turn the shower on and I take my clothes off. I hop into the shower. It's going to be hard to make up with my twin.

He hates me. I mean I can't blame him. I did the worst thing possible. I mean I deserve it. There is no way he is going to forgive me. But I'll try. These two weeks are supposed to be Gabriella's big moment. She wants no negativity. Positivity only. I take a deep breath and I turn the water off. I can do this.