Chapter 11: Date and Competition

Start from the beginning

That was a much better wager.

"You've got yourself a deal."

*****

We've been on the games for at least half an hour now and I think I was a fool for thinking I could win on any of these games from Marceline, I can't even beat Fin and Jake over whack-a-mole! That was such a simple game yet I could barely get a point (I tend to hit the ones that shouldn't be hit). It was frustrating!

"Oohhh! I saw that shooting game over there, Fin!!" Jake yells as he points at a shooting game machine.

It was one of those 1st person shooting machines and you get yourself a mission that is to catch the enemy boss. With that you have to shoot enemies through the whole course while you avoid getting your character shot.

"That looks like fun!" Marceline exclaims before throwing me a glance, "Are you up for the challenge, Princess?" She asked me.

"I'm not sure Marce..." I trailed on my words as I eye other kids play. "You saw how I did on whack-a-mole." I murmured quietly.

Fin and Jake secured us the next game on the machine, they were holding the pistols, playing their own game as they aim the guns at each other, making sound effects "pew! pew! pew!"

"Well, let me help you," Marceline whispers, her voice sounded so sincere despite the mischievous grin she had on her face. "I'll team up with PB here," Marceline tells the duo as she grabs the gun from Jake's grasp. "If I were to play against Fin," she glances at Fin with a smirk, "He'll be destroyed. That's for sure."

Marceline takes a few strides and slids the toy gun in my hand. "This is how you hold it, okay? Then..."

Her voice fades into the background as she was now explaining to me the mechanics of the game and how to load, aim, fire the gun as well when to dock. I hardly can concentrate on what she was telling me, I was consumed by how close she is with me right now, it's overriding my senses.

"Ready now, Princess?" Marceline asks, I can only nod in response, I try to keep up with a straight face.

Marceline inserts a coin on the coin slots both for me and Fin.

"I won't go easy on you, PB." Fin yells with a toothy grin.

I just stare at the screen, trying to remember what Marceline taught me earlier, though I can barely remember anything by now.

"START!" Jake yells as he press the start button.

I saw Fin start shooting from my peripheral vision while I try my best to aim and shoot, letting out small yelps every time the enemy shoots. I guess my character was about to die when Marceline suddenly stands behind me, grabbing my hand that was still aiming the screen of the machine and points it down to the floor before aiming at the screen again, I felt her pull the trigger.

"Haven't I told you to avoid getting shot by pointing the gun towards the ground to dock?"

"Uhh..."

My brain had somehow stopped working and I know that I may look like a total idiot right now. Marceline shot the enemies down.

"Close your mouth, Princess... You look like a goldfish now." Marceline whispers into my right ear. The act would've probably sent chills right down my spine, but her last remark, left me me pissed instead.

I tried to shook her off me, "I AM NOT A GOLDFISH." I hissed. Marceline let's go of my hand and distanced herself though I still feel her hands resting on my shoulders.